6.04.2007

Chloe and her new kitchen

Well, it's happened. My husband has banned me from shopping at yard sales for the rest of the month. Waaaaaahhh! Before you think he's a tyrant, let me explain my latest yard sale escapade this past Saturday which turned out to be very expensive . . . . .

Matt gave me $10 to blow on yard sales on Saturday. I was pumped! After all, ten bucks can go a long way at well-priced sales. We blew most of the ten bucks at little sales picking things up here and there (including a very nice pair of summer sandals for Chloe and a doll baby stroller).

Then we hit the jackpot. We found a huge neighborhood sale in Silver Lake Village. It's a well-to-do area and seems like everyone was selling kids' stuff! Among other things, I found a kitchen set in great shape as well as a practically new winter gymboree coat for Chloe (let's just hope she doesn't grow out of it by the time winter arrives).

The kitchen is so perfect for our little play space and Chloe loves it. It has lots of shelves and doors to open as well as a little knob for the stove that makes noise as though the teapot were boiling. It also has a little baby seat for her baby and a Chloe-size chair. I think Chloe's favorite part about the set is the teapot. She's constantly putting it under her faucet to fill it, boiling it on the stove and pouring it out. So adorable!

What good deals have you found at yard sales lately?
















Making tea for baby.

















Microwaving food and serving her beloved panda.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your great finds. I love Chloe's toys! I remember my little kitchen - that thing wore out with the 4 of us girls using it all of the time:). She looks so capable in her little kitchen. You must let her help you in the kitchen as she knows exactly what to do. Can you believe that our little ones are almost 2? - sniff, sniff.
I must confess, I haven't really yard-saled since I was a teen. We are hoping to begin yard-saling when Michael gets Saturdays off.
I know, my poor child is deprived b/c he doesn't have all of the Little Tykes play equipment in our backyard. We'll have to find some at garage sales as we're NOT going to pay full price. I'll have to brush up on my garage sale etiquette.:)

Reads said...

We love to yard sale. Often Adam will stop on his way to work; he is great at finding stuff for Audrey. She has two winter coats for next winter. I'm hoping one will fit! That is the way to go for coats they are soo expensive!! I'm disappointed I'm going to miss our village garage sale weekend (mind you this will be the 3rd summer we have been here and we haven't been home for one yet :-( I'm not sure if that is good or bad! Maybe if you show Matt how much all the stuff would have cost full price, he may reconsider. . .

Kelli said...

Every little girl needs her very own kitchen. That is one of the coolest ones I have seen! Great finds. Way to be a good steward!

pamela s said...

That kitchen is adorable!! Chloe will have so much fun playing with it over the next couple years. Great find!

Jen said...

Great job Al! I must admit I am addicted to the new Goodwill by our house. Target donates brand new stuff to it! They have coffee tables, bookshelves, etc. that are still in the box. We've gotten brand new comforters and sheet sets, shoes etc., but I spend way too much!

S said...

we love yard sales too and have found lots of deals too. that kitchen is so cute.

the johnson crew said...

great treasures alicia,

i haven't had the privlage of garage saling lately, but you are inspiring me to save my pennies and go soon.

heatherlyn11 said...

alicia....did you go over your budget of 10$ with the kitchen?? very cute....very fun....good job mom!

Jenny said...

Looks like you got some great deals there! I've banned myself from sales recently - we're saving up for a trip and those sales just make the cashola dwindle down to nothing in no time at all!

Here's to renewed bargain hunting before summer's end!

Abby said...

We got great deals at our neighborhood yard sale last year. Had we known we were going to be pregnant this quickly, we would have done more "baby item damage", but we didn't want to risk it! I'm sad that I'll miss this year's most likely - it's the same time as our due date, but if I don't have the baby by then, I may want to walk around to encourage the labor!! It's over 100 homes and a couple miles! It's a great workout!

Sara said...

I'm guessing you went over your ten dollar budget?!?! Is that why you have been "banned?"
Very precious kitchen set! Chloe will love that for a LONG time!
Unfortunately, LG is SO not interested in cooking, babies, or much of anything "girly!" I don't even know how it happened, but the little angel is obsessed with every sports' ball, knows them each by name, how to play, and will stand in the yard for an hour hitting golf balls with her "gouf cwubs!" What have I done?!