Not too many details to report as of yet since I haven't yet attended a doctor's appointment (the first is set for June 20th). By my reckoning I'm a mere 6 weeks along with a due date of January 10th. I suppose I should have waited to tell you all until the 12 week mark but I was so very excited it spilled over! :)
No nausea for me so far (yay!) though I have been extremely tired and hungry every 3 hours or so. As far as cravings go, I've been yearning for salads, cereal and nutella (not together). I just bought a box of rice chex on Thursday and I'm seriously 1/2 way through it already! I eat cereal every night for an evening snack.
My belly feels so big already! Can any of you 2nd time moms confirm that your belly popped out sooner than it did with your 1st child? Or am I just gaining way too much weight? I bought a prenatal pilates dvd off ebay last week and did my first workout today. It felt so good though it was really hard for me in parts. Are any of you pregos doing a workout routine?
12 comments:
yeah! Congratulations Al!! I'm so happy for you. You're a great mom. My belly popped out much faster with Andrew and def. HUMONGOUS with the twins....maybe that's you're deal!
love ya.
I totally understand - I was so scared about gaining like a hundred pounds with this baby. I was gaining before I even knew I was preggo! But it seems to have all balanced out now - mostly :) I'm also a lot more tired than I was with Ella - not sure what that's all about!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I totally missed the announcement from Chloe (didn't try to watch the video due to my very SLOW dial-up connection) and I was just reading your comment on Mary Ann's blog where you mentioned first trimester tummy, and I was going, "What did I miss??!" Anyway, I am very happy and excited for you, and I hope all goes well with your pregnancy!!
As far as popping out sooner with the second, I definitely did. I didn't exercise near as much as I should have--my midwife recommended walking, but I was really bad about doing it. I did try to drink lots of water and eat a lot of protein, esp. towards the end. I think you get more tired with the second pregnancy anyway, because of having one child to keep you busy already. :)
Take care!
Congratulations! How exciting! I bet you are glad Matt is finished with his schooling - perfect timing :).
yes bellies pop much faster the second time around! I didn't gain as much weight as a whole but I had a much harder time losing it.
My belly popped out a lot faster this second time, but at this point (18 weeks), I think I have evened out to where I was last time.
I understand about not being able to hold the good news in. I was the same way this time around. The first time I waited until after my first appointment and ultrasound at 8 weeks, but this time, I told my family the day after I found out at 5 weeks and everyone else at 6 weeks. It's just so exciting!
So glad to hear that no nausea has come your way yet! I do the Walk Away the Pounds DVD with the weighted balls. I would love to say I do the 3 mile walk regularly, but I usually do the 2 mile walk. Sometimes, I feel like chasing Kayla around is pretty aerobic itself.
I'm more tired this time around because even though I was working full time during the last pregnancy, that was easy compared to being mother to my busy toddler.
I was HUGE with Sara! I retained water like crazy and gained almost 50 pounds!! With Silas I started out a pound heavier but didn't gain near as much weight and did not retain water like I did with Sara. Sara was a week late--Silas was four weeks early after 2 weeks of bed rest in the hospital. I am a firm believer in the school of thought that EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT:)
p.s. Good for you for working out--keep it up!
OK, i just scanned back through posts dating back to april 1st and i saw no news of a baby!! Congratulations!
My tummy popped very quickly...but i didn't have a lot of time for it to pop back in b4 i got preggers again! :)
I did Pregnancy Yoga, which I didn't care for. I thought maybe it'd be more useful at the end of my pregnancy, when I got huge, but I never really felt all that huge. :) Thanks be to God! I felt so great throughout that I preferred more aerobic things.
Cariss: Thanks for the congrats, girl! I actually wouldn't mind having twins. I know, I'm crazy. Talk some sense into me!
Kelly: I'm with you, I gained a good bit of weight with Chloe and I was hoping to be about 10 pounds lighter before getting prego again. Oh well! Maybe my early weight will balance out as yours did. Here's hoping.
Carrie: Thanks for the congrats! I totally hear you about staying busy with the toddler. Thankfully Chloe takes a very regular nap every afternoon and that's when I crash as well. Girl, you gotta get a better internet connection! :)
Jen: Matt isn't technically done with his schooling yet. Though I wish he was! He is at home with us all summer as he studies for his comps though. He's already been a tremendous help around the house!
Carrie: Ugh, I was hoping I'd have an easier time losing the weight with the second one since my body would know what to expect. I'm not even going to think about that yet!
Karis: That exercise routine explains why you're so tiny! Wow, I'm vvvvvvvery impressed that you're trying to exercise while watching Kayla. You're right, that is plenty of exercise most days! As for me, I'm getting way flabby so the pilates dvd should help me feel better about myself. I completely agree, working full-time is cake compared to caring for a toddler. What I loved about working while pregnant is that I could make sure I had my snacks at regular intervals. While watching Chloe I often forget to snack and then I end up all shaky and feverish!
Nicki: Good advice, thanks! It's hard to start comparing this pregnancy with my first since it's still so early. So far I have no complaints though! I'm already praying that I won't have to deliver another 10 pounder though . . .
Shyla: The announcement was under the video post titled "A message from Chloe". Gotta watch the video to hear the words right from Chloe's mouth! :)
congratulations alicia, that is really exciting! yeah!
I guess I am a bit late on this notice...:) I am so happy for you! You are such a good mommy to Chloe!! You will do great!!
I popped out right away, but when I found out I was having #2...Victoria was only 6 months old. ;)
Hope you continue to feel better!
Post a Comment