Well, Matt and I (me especially) have been bitten with the LOTR bug again. Before and during the movie releases, I read the hobbit and the LOTR trilogy to prepare myself. During the process I realized how much I love the writing style and depth of J.R.R. Tolkien. I continued by reading the silmarillion, Tolkien's history book of the mythology he created in the LOTR. It's a wonderful read and provides much background for the books and movies. For any fellow Tolkien nerds out there, I just read on D. Griffith's blog that a "new" Tolkien book was just recently published. Apparently Tolkien begun a story about Hurin, a character from the early history of middle-earth, and his son Adam finished it and published it just last month. Last week Matt rented the fellowship of the ring dvd and we have begun the long process of watching the trilogy again (though I have to close my eyes when the orcs show up - those guys are disgusting). This time with all the special features! I think I'm honestly more excited about the special features than the movies . . . .
The LOTR movies are so well done and the story is so excellent, I feel that I could watch them over and over and over again! What favorite movies could entertain you endlessly?
9 comments:
Matt and I both really like Lord of the Rings--but HE could definitely watch them over and over. . .and OVER--the whole triology. (I have to be in the mood, but we like watching them together) We also LOVE the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice and watch that a few times a year. We just watched the new one Sunday and Monday night and started the A&E one last night. (Colin Firth is the best Mr. Darcy!) Great movie!
I just cried my way through Facing the Giants last night for the first time. I loved it. You should watch it if you haven't. I don't know if it's an "over and over" movie....but it was good:)
heather
I LOVE the Quiet Man with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. I also confess that I still enjoy The Parent Trap also with Maureen O'Hara and Haley Mills - corny I know. I also am privileged to watch the Baby Einstein DVD's over and over and over...:). At least they are appx. 30 minutes long.
I have no interest in watching The Lord of the Rings. Don't take it personally, lots of people say that they are awesome but I just don't know if I would like them or not. My hubby liked them though.:)
We enjoyed the Lord of the Rings trilogy as well. My brother has the the series, so we just rewatched them a couple of months ago. I'm not really into watching movies over and over, but it had been long enough that we really enjoyed them again. It's been since junior high that I read Tolkien's books so I need to add them to my list to read again! Another movie that we watched and really liked was Bleak House by Charles Dickens. I think it was done by BBC and we got it from the library. Very well done!
I've tried to watch the Lord of the Rings a couple of times but I always end up falling asleep :-) Obviously some major sleep deprivation going on in my life...anyway, I truly love any Jane Austen flick. I like to put them on & listen to the dialogue while I'm busy doing something else. I also like many other BBC movies; our public library has quite a selection. The added bonus of watching those types of movies - I can seriously cop a fairly convincing British accent which is so much fun!
We enjoyed Lord of the Rings, but I doubt we would watch them again. We absolutely loved Facing the Giants (it's better the second time; you look past the not so good acting and get more of the story). I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to movies, so I've seen Serendipity many times (I have to watch that kind when Ron is gone though). We also like The Pirates of the Carabbean. The second one wasn't as good as the first and I can't wait to see the third one, maybe it will bring them all together.
alicia -
what is your email addres?
email me at sherrysyroteuk@hotmail.com
:)
love ya -
sherry
stephen loooved the LOTR trilogy. i liked them. :) he could watch them over and over again. of course, we have the extended versions so that makes it even looonger.
Post a Comment