Though it was a whirlwind of a trip last week (have I mentioned that enough times yet?), we all thoroughly enjoyed being together as a family. The last time all the Horn siblings were together was at our wedding - nearly five years ago!
Here's the rundown of our time together. We arrived Tuesday afternoon and then all the adults had a light-hearted time to visit at a local fondue restaurant while the kids were babysat by some gals from the church (all except Chloe - she got to hang out with her gramma who lives nearby). A family from the church had given Sam & Beth a gift card for the Melting Pot so we all ate for free! It was such a unique experience for all of us and a great time of unhindered fellowship.
After some laidback visiting and football playing on Wednesday, we dressed the kids in some adorable and colorful outfits that Diane had bought for all the cousins. Thanks, Diane! Then we played photographer in the backyard. I will NOT divulge how many shots I took; thank the Lord for digital cameras! Diane, Miranda, Ahna, and I did some afternoon shopping (my first experience with World Market - wow, what a cool store) and then it was time for dinner and church. After church we did more photos, this time with a real professional, of the whole Horn family. I can't wait to see how those turned out!


2 comments:
The kids look adorable -- I can't believe how big Ashton has gotten (she was so much fun to babysit at NBBC). I'm so glad you were all able to have a wonderful time fellowshipping together despite the circumstances. Isn't it wonderful how the Lord gives us moments of reprise in the midst of suffering and trials.
Very sweet photos. Chloe looks like she enjoyed the company of all her loved ones:).
Post a Comment