5.28.2007

Some new pictures and skills

Chloe's new thing is to try to pick up several objects at a time and carry them around with her. It's quite comical to watch! Outside last week she had about 5 things in her hand and kept dropping one. You could just see her brain puzzling as she'd pick it up and shuffle things around only to lose another object.

Chloe is a little parrot lately! Her words are getting much clearer and she's attempting 3 syllable words and phrases. She's also exhibiting more and more of her silly side. Sometimes when I'm on the phone and she wants me to get off she'll say, "Bye-bye!" loudly over and over. And last night after dinner when we read and prayed together it was obvious she wanted to get down. She tried to petition us with "Out" and "Down" but when that didn't work she said desperately, "Poopy!". After smelling her bum, I called her bluff. :)








Chloe wore this adorable green outfit to church yesterday. She was a doll and did a great job in the nursery though I wasn't too pleased with the lazy workers. When I walked in to pick Chloe up, two ladies were sitting in EXACTLY the same spot as they were when I dropped her off! Poor Chloe saw me and started crying to get out and the workers took their sweet time retrieving her for me. Grrrrrrrrr . . . . .























This is Chloe's "serious face".























Chloe's new train track (a 75 cent yard sale find)!























Another of Chloe's new skills is climbing and balancing. She really wanted to see her cd case so she got herself up there by standing atop my exercise ball. I wanted to see if she could do it so I didn't intervene and she balanced really well!

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow, she is growing so fast -- balancing already! She looks adorable. Isn't it funny how they use diaper/potty to try to get their way. Lydia wants to go "potty" right before bed now, and she throws a fit when we tell her it's time to get off the toilet to go to bed.

Rachel said...

I love her little church outfit. My favorite color is green and Chloe looks smashing in her ensemble.
She sure is a capable little gal. Holding 5 things at once! That will come in handy when you need that "extra" hand after your baby is born. What a booger - trying to get you to put her down. It's funny how noone has to teach them these things. She's a smart little cookie!
Unattentive nursery workers can be a distraction to a parent trying to concentrate in the service (if you know who they are when you drop them off). I don't mind leaving Michael in nursery but 2 things can be my undoing - Failure to follow simple instructions and children brought to/allowed in the nursery with colds. Silly - I know.

Karen said...

Wow, I can't even SIT on one of those silly balls, much less STAND on one.

Janelle said...

That is so great that she has that good of balance! Whenever my Aaron would start climbing up somewhere I would immediately get him down. Then my grandma said that I needed to let him have some freedom because that taught him balancing skills. So I've tried to refrain that instinct and he does just fine. He's definitely a climber; more and more every day!
Chloe's clothes are just so adorable! She'd probably look adorable in a gunny sack though! (That last phrase sounds like something my grandma would say!) Thank you for the great pictures!

Matt & Nicki said...

Her church outfit is adorable and I love that summer shirt--I have pictures of when I was a kid wearing those little spaghetti strap shirts . . . it is so much watching them change and try new things-it all goes so fast!

Karis said...

I can't believe how similar the girls are! Kayla also has gotten very good with three syllable words and she said her first complete sentence this last weekend, "I want mommy." My mom said before then she would say "mommy coming?" or "mommy daddy airplane?", but then she broke out with a subject, verb, and object all in the right place. She is such a parrot just like you said Chloe is. It was almost like you were describing Kayla.

Kayla uses the poopy excuse when we're in the van and the trip is getting a little too long in her opinion. She learned that one thing we'll always stop for is to change her diaper so she started "crying wolf" or should I say poopy. We've learned to take a sniff too before actually pulling over.

Kayla doesn't have the balance skills like Chloe. She climbs just as much and she's very daring, but she takes quite a few tumbles... But that doesn't keep her from trying again. She has improved in her coordination from all this climbing, but my mental picture of Kayla trying to stand on one of those balls makes me laugh.

Isn't it so much fun to see them grow and develop?

Abby said...

I can't believe her balance on that exercise ball! Just thinking about it makes me wobbly - although, that could be the huge preggo belly throwing my thinking off! LOVE her serious face! And she is a smart one - sneaky too if I might say!

Sara said...

How cute is she!! LG does the exact same thing as far as "carrying many of her things at once!" It's like a competition or something. And I'm with Karen on the exercising ball--I sure hope it was lodged tightly! Otherwise, I have been far outdone by a nearly two-year old. And as for the three-syllable words--good for you, Chloe! That's impressive. Laura Grace's first big word was
"basketball," and I believe that was the coaxing of my hubby...

Kelli said...

Wow, she looks like a little girl and not a baby! It must be so fun watching her learn so many new things and trying to figure them out on her own. She looks so grown up in those last pictures!! She will be a wonderful big sister.

Katie said...

I love her green skirt! So cute. Have you ever watched Rachel Ray or 30 Minute Meals? That's what Chloe reminded me of with her skills of carrying multiple items at once. (Sorry if you don't know what I'm talking about.)