5.07.2007

Leaving bright and early

Many thanks to all who are praying for my sister-in-law's healing! After a week of diagnostic tests and a consultation with her coordinating oncologist, things are looking positive. The cancer seems to be contained (for the moment!) but they are still headed towards surgery and chemotherapy.

Tomorrow at 4 a.m. (yawn!) we'll be hitting the road for Wisconsin with Matt's folks. We're so very ansy to get there and give our love and hugs and support! Though we'll all only have a few days together, I'm sure they will be packed as the cousins enjoy playing together and all the Horn siblings tease each other and revel in family memories and time-worn stories. This reunion will be the first in 5 years that all the siblings and family have been together in the same place at the same time. I'll be sure to post pictures when we get home and the excitement dies down!

Please continue to pray for our family - especially Beth, Sam, R.D. and Ashton. I'll be an absent blogger this next week. I can't wait to share good news with you all of how God's grace and goodness prevails in these events!

9 comments:

the johnson crew said...

we will pray for you all. i am glad you guys are going.

Janelle said...

We are praying for you - safe trip, glorious time with your family, and God to work a miracle in your sister-in-laws body! Have a wonderful time basking in God's grace and mercy and love!

pamela s said...

We'll continue to pray for your family. I'm so thankful that it worked out for all of your family to be able to get together!

christina said...

glad for this time together! definitely praying!!

S said...

we're praying for your family

Heather said...

Have a wonderful visit with them...we continue to uplift them in prayer!!

Kelly Glupker said...

You will remain in my prayers!

Mary Ann said...

I am keeping Mrs. Horn and your family in my prayers. A verse that has really been a blessing to me lately comes from Isaiah, "Trust ye in the Lord, for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength." Or something close to that :-) Travel safely & get back with us as soon as you can!

carissa said...

we'll be praying for you!!!! I hope you have a nice week with the entire Horn family. God bless you, friend