5.20.2007

Homemade matching dresses

Ok, after this post, I promise to bring the blog back to the present. I really wanted you all to see the beautiful matching dresses Mrs. Horn made for the three little girl cousins.

My mother-in-law is an amazing seamstress. She brought the fabric along to our house without a plan or pattern. After shopping at Gymboree on Friday, Mrs. Horn got her inspiration. That afternoon she started cutting (sans pattern remember) and sewing. By Monday evening she had three matching dresses made of different sizes!

So again, the three cousins were subjected to mandatory matching and excessive photo taking. Ashton had to be coerced with lipstick and hairspray applied by Auntie Miranda.





















I think Grace and Chloe are jealous of Ashton's lipstick.

















Holding hands again.






















Ring around the rosy. (Ahna didn't get a matching dress but she is styling her new sarong from world market.)
















The best shot I could get of Chloe and Tia Miranda.


















What lovely blue eyes Grace has!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

very nice!

S said...

they all look soo cute together!

christina said...

very cute!

Sara said...

Very sweet. And yes, Grace does have gorgeous eyes!

Janelle said...

Those are adorable dresses! Oh to have the God-given talent to sew like that!!!! Those are some lucky little girls right there!

Karis said...

Sewing seems like it would be enough of a challenge, but without a pattern and directions -- yikes! She did a great job; I love the matching look. I love the hand holding pictures.