I'm so very proud of him and I can't believe the end of the semester is here already! There were so many times this term that I thought we'd never make it to the end. But God has brought us through and has been so faithful to provide strength and grace to our family. My heart is singing the doxology - very loudly I might add!
The end of this semester marks more than just a regular semester conclusion. For Matt, it marks the end of his phd coursework. No more classes to take to earn his phd! Unfortunately, that doesn't mean he's in the clear yet . . . .
The ending of his coursework signals the beginning of a new phase in his studies. Now he starts the exams-portion of his phd program. He'll first be tested in Latin by having to translate a portion of Latin text. Then the reading exams begin. Or more accurately, then his study for the reading exams will go into full-swing-mode. He will be tested over three areas: Medieval Religious Literature, Critical Theory applied to the Renaissance, 17th century literature of dissent in England. For each test he has to read and know the content of 30-40 books that are essential to the topic.
Maybe I should have titled this post, "Everything you never wanted to know about Matt Horn's phd requirements" :)
Now you can understand a little bit of my pride in his studies! He's such a hard-working brainiac and I'm incredibly proud of him. Way to go, schmoopsy-poo! We love you!
10 comments:
Hey Alicia,
That is exciting. .. I am happy for you guys! Two of my very good friend's husbands are finishing seminary this year and MY Matt STARTS seminary this fall. . .you may see some posts in the near future of me whining about me missing my husband. .. you will have to help me re-focus now and then!:)
unbelievable... that is such a huge amount of work. i would be proud of Him too. Praise God! Wow
Yay! Congratulations Matt, on finishing your coursework. Will you guys have a break this summer?
yeah! that's exciting! what a blessing to see some of the fruit of his hard work...and yours! :)
Wow! Boy am I thankful Geoff's stopping at the M. Div! That's crazy!
I hope you get some much needed family time in this summer!
Congrats to your entire family for Matt's accomplishment. I am sure that he will be relieved when it is over and done with. No doubt you will delighted when all is said and done. Keep on keeping on!
Smokes! What a gift of intelligence from God your husband has! I hope you 3 can enjoy a little reprieve before the next wave hits.
Very, very happy for you!
Praise the Lord for your husband's diligence! It was just about a year ago that I really had to buckle down & study for my Nuclear Pharmacy Technician Certification exam & boy, was it hard to be consistent! And I don't have a family to consider. The Lord is so faithful to strenghten us for each task He puts before us. Thank for reminding me of that :-)
Yeah! The big Monday is almost here. Congratulations to both of you -- it definitely takes teamwork. Sing away -- sing the doxology as loud as you want. God is good.
Post a Comment