5.17.2007

Another urgent prayer request

This afternoon a good friend of mine's newly born baby girl will be undergoing heart transplant surgery. (For those of you who might know her, her name is Aaren [Krause] Lepien - she was my roomie and teaching buddy for a few years).

As most of you out there are moms, you can imagine with me what a soul-wrenching experience this is for my friend Aaren and her husband. Please join us in praying for baby Charis!

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." [James 5:13-16]

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I'll be praying. I cannot imagine going through this - PRAISE GOD for grace to help in time of need!!!

Tracy said...

I am praying! It's so hard to let your baby go with the doctors when you want to just hold her and wish everything all right. God is so good to give us the wisdom and technolgy to provide such precious healing (by the will and power of God).

Kelly Glupker said...

Wow! I'll be praying. Is this something they had known for a while or is this all new news to them?

Janelle said...

Heart renching is an understatement here! We'll sure be praying that God guides and directs the doctor's hands and that He will give grace and peace to the parents!

S said...

i'll be praying also- i can't imagine the feeling of having your baby wheeled away from you like tracy mentioned. we'll be praying that God will provide His perfect peace.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for praying! I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Kelly: Yes, they knew their baby had a heart defect at their 20 week ultrasound. It wasn't until after the baby was born last week though that they knew she'd need a full transplant!

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

I'm praying as I read your blog. So good to know we can rest in the hands of an all powerful God who IS love, and we can put our little ones in his caring hands, knowing He loves and cares for them more than we ever could! I don't know how any mother survives without that "behind" her!!

ColoMeli said...

I hadn't heard about Aaren's little girl until I saw your blog tonight. We are certainly praying for Aaren! Please let her know.

~Melinda