
Boy, am I glad to be home! We had a very fun weekend in Columbus and Cedarville but I'm happy to be back to our old routine today. It's weird - I've been looking forward to our mini-getaway for so long, that it kind of let me down. Chloe's not at a very adaptable age right now so sleeping in the hotel room was rather trying. It was still fun to be away together as a family and to see some new sights. And we're bursting with pride at how well Matt did at the conferences! Now he just has one more big paper for the semester, oodles of reading, and teaching his four freshman classes (last on his priority list).
Highlights of the trip:
- exploring downtown Columbus' North Market
- walking through the Franklin Park Conservatory and cheering for the stragglers in a cross-country race through the park
- swimming in the hotel pool - Chloe giggled with glee as soon as we put her in her intertube
- seeing part of an old favorite movie on cable tv (Overboard)
- playing scrabble with Matt
- dinner in the president's dining room of Cedarville University's campus - great little college
- a fancy schmancy hotel for only $50 a night
- an extremely helpful and friendly desk clerk who arranged a free shuttle to take us to a local mall
- Chloe's blossoming "hi" and "bye-bye" which she tried on most strangers
- experiencing a mild case of food poisoning complete with diarrhea and vomitting
- no free breakfast at our chic hotel
- interrupted sleep by our confused-by-the-new-surroundings and overly-curious Chloe
- crabby, sleepy Chloe who refused to be pacified several times during our mall excursion (now I totally empathize with parents who buy their kids treats to keep them quiet!)

Let's see . . . I'll take this toy, and that piano, the rocking horse, and the cooking set. Wrap it all up please and charge it to my mommy. (It was not fun leaving this store).

C'mon guys, hurry up and get ready for swimming! Guess I'll brush my teeth while I'm waiting. Do you think socks and bathing suits will be a new trend?

Jumping on the bed
10 comments:
wow...sounds fun. i love sleeping in hotels..actually the whole sock and suit thing is pretty sweet. i accutally have done that before on accident....its like having webbed feet! :)
I used to love sleeping in hotels....
until I had children! We're debating if it's easier to travel thru the night to PA (15 hrs) or get a hotel and catch only 4-5 hrs of sleep.
Glad you went, glad you're home. Love you.
Hey Alicia! Just wanted to say hello! Hope you are doing well!
Sarah (thornberry) Curtis
Karly: It was fun, mostly. You and Chloe must be pioneers of the suit and sock phenomenon. :)
Carissa: Totally with you, sister. When are you travelling to PA? Christmas? You know you're welcome to stop over here at our house in OH on the way. Where in PA do they live?
Sarah: HELLO gorgeous! I admit that I've been peeking in at your blog but I hardly recognized you! You are looking amazing, wow. You're making me want to go for a jog . . . . Seriously though, what are you guys up to? I see your blog indicates you're off to Congo. What's the status on that? What do you do in IN right now?
Sarah: I was thinking of you as we cheered for the runners. I admire you guys; that is something I could never ever do. Especially with this aging body. :) My heart went out to the stragglers coming in last. I mean, they worked hard too! They deserved to be cheered and encouraged just as much as the first place runners.
Do you still run?
I remember the days of having children that didn't sleep well in a hotel room...just a few weeks ago we went to see Heston's soccer team play and stayed in a hotel. The kids loved it!! We were actually thinking about finding a cheap hotel with a swimming pool just to get away for a weekend...we will see.
Sounds like you had a great time! So glad to hear that your hubby did well!!!
glad you had fun but i understand about the comforts of home - nothing like sleeping in your own bed....
Hey Alicia! i wish we were OFF to the congo. it is still our goal, but it would seem that God has some things for us to learn before we are truly off. pray for us. I seem to be fairly stupid. :)
LOVE YOU!!!!!!
welcome home alicia. i enjoyed your pictures and your post. you are so gifted in writing...realy. we haven't yet tried a hotel room. i am sure it would be interesting. the kids realy slept well at my parents, better than at home actually, b/c they all slept in seperate rooms.
Sounds like a fun time! Yeah we dread the sleeping in a hotel room too - Sierra doesn't do well and we hate going to bed so early b/c we're all in the same room. Luckily on our trip Sierra will be sleeping with her cousins in their own room - they'll probably get no sleep, but we will :).
Post a Comment