Tonight was our neighborhood trick-or-treating. The weather was monstrous all day - windy, cold, raining, sleeting, and even snowing! Thankfully, the precipitation halted by 6 so we were still able to take Chloe out for some treat garnering. It was still fairly cold and windy though so I don't think she enjoyed the outing.Chloe, as you can see, went as a Green Bay Packer cheerleader. Go Pack, go! The Packers sure need all the cheerleaders they can get this season. We got the jumper as a hand-me-down (thanks Jackie!) and then created her halloween look around it. Do you like her homemade pom pons?
What did your kids (or you!) dress up like for halloween?

It's fun to be a Packer cheerleader! Any one want to join my squad?

Oh, the toil, the pain, the sweat . . . the packers don't pay me enough for this hard job.

So, how does this thing taste?

What are THESE things supposed to do?

Dad, I don't want to leave all that candy on our porch! What if other kids take it? Let me at least take a dum-dum.

I hope the wind doesn't blow away my color-coordinated hair ribbons!

Mom, get your mind off my treat bag. Ain't nobody getting this treat bag!
10 comments:
alicia, GO PACKERS!!!! chloe is so cute in her green bay jumper! so cute.
i don't think we have a "trick or treat" night here in the hood other than people going out on halloween night. i remember last year, we got to meet a lot of our neighbors because they kept coming to our door.
i think we are just having a family party at our house with the kids. preston is a dinosaur, paul a tiger, and kalynn is a kitty cat, and i will have to be creative with anna!
i love your pics and the narration.
She sure is a cutie!
Janelle,
How can I get back into your blog page?
(Sorry Alicia for using your blog to leave a comment for Janelle.)
Janelle: Awww, your kid's costumes sound adorable! Any ideas for Anna yet? Check out parents.com for some creative inspiration.
Kelly: I believe Janelle's blog url is: http://partyatourhouse.blogspot.com
I've been meaning to link her to my blog for awhile now, I've just been too lazy.
Kelly: Negative on typing in Janelle's url in your browser. Instead, try going to KT Bruno's blog and clicking Janelle's link there.
Sara is going as a cow, Silas as a dog--also hand-me-down costumes. This year Matt has an away game at 7:00(which we would all usually go to)so we will see how many houses we actually venture to with the kiddos! We just drive to different friends' houses from church.
Alicia,
I tried Katie's blog - no luck.
Nicki: Aw, those costumes sound cute! I look forward to seeing pictures of your animals on your blog. :) Hope they do sound effects too!
Kelly: I know, same with me. I think Janelle must have changed her settings.
Kelly & Alicia - I think you have to email janelle. Something like jovialgiant@hotmail.com so she can give you access. Then you can log in w/ your blogger acct from now on. She couldn't post the blog for the blogosphere to see, but if you request access, she can give it to you.
Sorry, back to the post. Alicia looks great in her outfit! I wish I had found something like that for Esther. Instead I found a ladybug suit at a thrift store for $2.00. I think we might go to a local church for a kids night tomorrow
Luke was Winnie the Pooh. He refused to wear his costume to Greenfield Village 2 weekends ago, but last Thurs. before Chris' work party, I forced it on him. He cried and cried (why?), but I told him he would get NO chocolate if he didn't wear it. He LOVES chocolate. Tuesday night when we got ready to go tick-or-treating, he was SO excited to put the costume on! He knew what was coming, I guess. Kids. They're so dern smart.
Post a Comment