10.01.2006

A full weekend
















This weekend Matt conquered a big, huge, 37 page paper for his independent study class on Quakers. Way to go, Mateo! He emailed his paper Saturday before dinner and we celebrated with a game night. We played Scrabble and Jeopardy until midnight. Aren't we party animals?

Friday night Matt and I ordered pizza, a very rare event if you know my healthy hubby, and watched an old Horatio Hornblower episode (I'm addicted to Horatio!). On Saturday, to give Matt some quiet time, Chloe and I ventured to our city's annual Octoberfest downtown. It was a small affair but fun to expose Chloe to some different musical groups. She was in awe of the steel drum band and got to push a tuba's valve buttons. She also got her face painted for the first time! Today was a full day at church and alas, Chloe didn't last long in the nursery. Tonight we're pumped about watching the Bears vs. the Seahawks game with some ice cream.

How was your weekend?
















6 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love going to fall festivals!

ruth said...

Cool weekend. Autumn is my favorite season! In a little village near us, they have a scarecrow competition. I'm hoping to go see that next weekend.

This weekend we went down to Delaware to see my BIl, Tim V, get ordained. It was really great--Pastor Wilkes from MA preached an excellent message! Overall, it was a great weekend for us, too.

Matt & Nicki said...

This weekend was busy for us too. Friday night Matt was at school until about 7:00 setting up for the volleyball tournament we hosted Saturday. Then he was up at 5:45 on Saturday to run the tournament and coach his girls all day. It started at 8:00a.m. and we were there until 6:30p.m. Needless to say he is glad it is all over. However, I would rather be at the tournament with my kids all day then working on a huge paper!--YUCK!

carissa said...

fun and cute outfit. You look like you're having so much fun with her.

Unknown said...

Jen: I know, I just wish there more fests around here. I probably don't know enough about the area yet. And we (Chloe and I) don't usually have a car so that limits us.

Ruth: Wow, that sounds like a blast! Is this the Tim V. I used to go on extension with? You married his brother, eh? Yeah, I'm a quick one. :) Give him (Tim not your hubby) a sock in the arm from me.

Nicki: Eek, that sounds incredibly tiring! How did your team fare? Did your kiddos do ok with that long a day? I suppose they could play with the other kids and families around.

Carissa: We are having tons of fun! This past year has been one big huge bonding time for me and my Chloe. You had an eventful weekend too, eh? Caleb & Sheena's baby is so cute and tiny! I can't BELIEVE how quickly our little babies grow up.

Katie said...

I love her poncho - or sweater, whatever it is. She is such a cutie.

Saturday was a great day for me - because my m-i-l took me shopping and bought me a few clothes, then we got our bathroom project done, followed by a young marrieds SS party w/o Luke. It was nice to just be able to relax.

Saturday night was a diff. story. Luke was up a lot, and I ended up just putting him on the couch and sleeping on the floor next to him (ouch). His ear was draining, which is the signal for an ear infection. So, instead of church, we went to the urgent care clinic and got some antibiotics. He seems to be feeling really well though, and hasn't woken up for two nights. 12 hours of solid sleep. Yay! :)

And guess what? Would you believe that I played Scrabble for the FIRST time on Saturday night? I know. I'm a bit embarassed myself, but I loved it! I'm going to buy it as soon as I have the funds. I'm always wanting a game that Chris and I can play by ourselves.