10.22.2006

Chloe learns how to play cribbage

Cribbage is a family tradition. So, now that my dad is here to visit it's been natural to play a game or two every night. We play a dollar a game and so far I've only lost one dollar!

Tonight, Chloe wanted in on the action so up she went on abuelo's knee for some beginner lessons. Enjoy the photos below of Chloe's first cribbage venture!

What card and/or board games are traditions in your family? (Don't get me started on board games . . . we love too many to mention)
















Hmmmmmm, sounds complicated grandpa.

















I get it grandpa, this big of mine head holds lots of brains you know. Now I play this one, right?

















Isn't it my turn to shuffle?

8 comments:

Matt & Nicki said...

Alicia, have you played the card game Hand and Foot? Very Fun! david and esther mulder taught us--another game we love to play with them is called "Wise and Otherwise" Then there is the ever-faithful cranium and the many morphs that have come from that.

ruth said...

On rare occasions when my whole family is together, we try to have a Rook tournament. Last time Bonnie and I were paired up, but we didn't do so well. I come from a family of very poor winners. We're not so bad at losing, but when we win, we're unbearable. :)

Unknown said...

Nicki: Nope, never heard of hand and foot. Is it like Euchre? We love cranium too we just don't often have enough people around to play it with us! Just Matt and I have played it but it's not the same as when you play with a big group. Have you played apples to apples? That's another fave of ours for big groups.

Ruth: I'm with you on rook. We enjoy playing rook with Matt's bro and wife but we usually lose big time.

Sara said...

So great to hear from you, Alicia!! That was exactly what I had hoped would result from my joining the blogosphere--crazy how people lose touch. Your litle precious Chloe is adorable. I am sure she has brought such joy into your life. Thanks for commenting--it looks as if you will lead me to many other "lost" friends!
I laugh every time I think about our road trip to Yellowstone--what fun!Sara "Kelsey" Golden

Matt & Nicki said...

I have heard that Apples to Apples is a fun game- we might have to look into that one-(buying ourselves a game is usually our standard anniversary gift for ourselves.I have never played euchre either so i don't know if it's similar to hand and foot--esther might know.

Abby said...

Vince and I usually do the Gin Rummey card game, and then our other game we do a lot is Scrabble - I'm still getting better at that one - Gin Rummey, I never knew how to play until our honeymoon, and I have been winning ever since! Looks like Chloe had so much fun!

Jen said...

How great your dad came to visit - looks like Chloe already has him wrapped around her little finger but it looks like he doesn't seem to mind :). Very precious memories!

Sara said...

Oh yeah, and Laura Grace's b-day was 8-27-05, so they are VERY close! Precious age--she is changing every day!