
Since Matt was off today, we ran some errands and then scavenged at a few yard sales. It was quite a treat for me to drive around to sales. Usually Chloe and I walk and walk and walk and walk and we don't get to choose whether or not the sale is worthwhile.
Well, today we found an AMAZING yard sale! An old teacher lady was moving out of her home and getting rid of some prime merchandise. We bought this retro blackboard for Chloe's room as well as some cool old stationery (the kind that folds up into an envelope), great children's books, antique tins, hand weights (which I've been wanting since I started my exercise resurgence) and other neat miscellaneous items.
One thing I've puzzled about Ohio is that folks out here don't say rummage sale. They say yard or garage sale. Weird, eh? Have you found any good rummaging deals lately?
6 comments:
We don't say rummage sale in michigan either, alicia. It's usually garage sale. We've been looking for 4 chairs for our dinning room, but haven't found any good deals yet. Glad you came upon a good sale. Nice chalk board, i'm sure chloe will love it.
I wish we could find some dining room chairs too! So far no luck. Hope you come across something. When do you guys move out to GR?
hmmmmm. I just found a pair of really nice brown shoes with a cute strap. they could be casual or dressy. What shoes are in for the fall/winter?
Carissa: I have no idea! I really like the ballet slipper shoe look though. And I like mules (I think that's their proper name)/
Sounds like you got some great finds! Back in Colorado we always called them yard or garage sales. Sounds like you had a good time.
we're moving on august 17th.
Post a Comment