7.06.2006

Who taught her to kiss like that?

Don't worry, my provocative title is only referring to Chloe. Lately we've been trying to teach her to give kisses. I sit her on my lap or hold her in my arms and say "Kisses? Kisses?" pleadingly in a voice that would annoy my sister to no end. (She's not a big fan of baby talk.)

Apparently Chloe's learning. Tonight Matt and I sat on the couch with Chloe determined to work on her kissing technique. Usually she just leans in and bonks her head on yours - no real kissing involved. And the unlucky recipient ends up with an aching head (have you seen the size of our daughter's noggin?)

So, this evening after much coercion Chloe leaned forward, opened her mouth and planted her wet drooly lips right smack dab on mine! I've become calloused to lots of leaking baby fluids, but this was kind of gross. It was still cute though. I thought maybe her open-mouthed-beso was a fluke, but she gave me a few more wet ones in succession. I probably encouraged her by my uncontrollable laughter. She just looked so adorably funny as she opened her mouth and prepared for her kiss that I laughed 'til I cried!

What's your story of your kiddo's kisses?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah Sierra has learned to pretend she's giving you a kiss and then lick you on your entire face - to get tickles and laughs from daddy.

Kelli said...

How very cute! She will get the hang of it!

Heather said...

I loved teaching my kids things like that...and then when they learned how to do it, I was so excited!

Logan was my big kisser! He loved to give kisses and just recently is doing it again! He will ask me for a kiss and a "big squeeze" as he calls it! He is my lovable one of the two that is for sure!

christina said...

connor just smiles and laughs when i try and get him to do ANYTHING. but my niece is such a ham! she blows kisses, and kisses connor on the face every time they're together. he just laughs and squeals.