7.24.2006

Another milestone bites the dust

Big news here in the Horn household . . .

CHLOE WALKED THIS MORNING!!!!!

Here's the shakedown. Chloe was standing near the windowsill looking outside as she regularly does. I was sitting on the floor nearby and I held out my arms to her (as I regularly try to coax her to walk to me) when she took 3-4 stumbling steps to me and then fell into my arms. I put her back near the window and tried to get her to walk a second time and she did!

I was so surprised that I didn't even have the camera ready so I missed the photographic moment. I'll try to recreate the first steps and capture it for you all. She looked so cute and excited as she walked to me!

So, her official walking date is July 24, 2006. That means she's hit her milestone at 11 1/4 months old. When did your child/children take their first steps?

9 comments:

Elaine said...

How exciting! In no time she'll be running all over the house! Bryan Paul was walking at nine months, so when Gwyn didn't walk until eleven months I thought something was wrong with her! But each child is different. I can't wait to see some walking pictures!

Unknown said...

Eek! I'm not ready for her to be running through the house! Then she'll really get into trouble. Bryan was walking at 9 months?!? Sheesh, you must have been a busy lady trying to keep an eye on him.

Heather said...

YEAH for Chloe!!! That is so exciting! Your world will never be the same!

As far as Victoria and Logan...I a right along with Elaine...Victoria walked before she was 9 months old...so when Logan was just starting to take steps before he turned a year old...I thought he was going to be a slow learner or something. ;) Needless to say...he is not a slow learner...actually he stays right up with his sissy! :)

S said...

Oh no.. I hope I have a few more months before Esther starts walking. She turned 7 mo over the weekend, and isn't even crawling, yet. These little ones grow up too fast!

Katie said...

Congratulations Chloe! Though you're really in for it now, Alicia. ;)

Wow, ya'lls babies are early walkers! As Luke's 1st b-day approached, I didn't think he'd be walking for a couple more months - he hardly stood on his own or tried any steps. But 2 weeks after he turned 1, he just walked 5-6 steps from one person to the other, and he was off! That was it, no more crawling. I was amazed! Before I knew it he was running-falling, running-falling. :) He really had no transition period when he "tottered."

Kelli said...

Yeah, Chloe!! That must have a been a very proud mama moment! Bryce and I are only 14 months apart and I know he didn't start walking until 2 weeks before I was born! Good thing he did, though!
Good thing Matt got that baby gate built!!

carissa said...

My kids walked at 9-9 1/2 mo. Talk about insanity with the twins walking. I was hoping they'd walk a little later...but then again, they weren't putting everything in their mouths as much!! Congrats to the Chloe-miester.

carissa said...

also, could you let Elaine Heller know that I've tried to comment at least 5 times on her blog, but can't post a comment. Could you let her know I've thought about her though..thanks

Jen said...

Congrats! Good job Chloe! I'll give you a good side to walking - It will be nice when you can just open the door and she can walk to the car or to the house and you can carry all the groceries instead of making 5 trips :).