Isn't Chloe a ham?!? Now that she's getting older, she is becoming more aware of the camera and its function.I wanted to brag to you all about my darling husband's carpentry skills. In the last few weeks, Chloe has discovered the immense fun of climbing the stairs. Not so fun for me though! I only let her climb if I'm right behind her. I have horrible visions of her losing her balance on our skinny steep steps and falling backwards.
We had bought a gate for the stairs but it doesn't fit due to the molding at the bottom of the wall. So, Matt whipped up this handy-dandy gate for us. It swings on hinges and has a childproof (hopefully it's also Chloe-proof!) latch to prevent Chloe from opening it.
Let's hope this works! What crazy things have you done in attempts to baby-proof?
3 comments:
Good Job, Matt! A custom made baby gate. I thought our house was somewhat baby friendly, until we had Eden and Chloe Belford over! I suddenly realized what I thought was just a decoration became a fascination to the girls!
WAY TO GO CARPENTER MATT!! We had a babysitter over when the girls were 9 mo. old...she took the gate off the top of the stairs and Eden fell all the way down...the sitter was in the bathroom when it happened. I was NOT happy at all!!
Kelli: I know what you mean! We thought our house was pretty knick-knack free so we wouldn't have to worry about choking issues with Chloe. But what we didn't realize is that we have lots of books and bookshelves that she could pull over! We've also have to just live with a cluttery house at times when she's exploring.
Carissa: BAD BABYSITTER! How scary! I take it Eden is ok? These babies are so resilient!
Post a Comment