7.12.2006

Date Night!

Matt and I had a much needed date night last night thanks to my neighbor gal-pal, Melinda being willing to babysit. We went out for dinner (taking Chloe with us) and then we came home and got Chloe ready for bed. By the time Melinda arrived, Chloe only had 1/2 hour of awake time left. Chloe LOVES Melinda so she didn't even wimper when we walked out the door. Melinda knows what's up with babies; she has 6 of her own so she's a way more experienced mom than me. And it was kind of a break for Melinda to babysit. Once Chloe went to bed, she watched a movie in peace and quiet. Her house is rarely that quiet! THANKS MELINDA!

After leaving Chloe at home, Matt and I headed out to see the Pirates of the Caribbean sequel: Dead Man's Chest. It was a very entertaining and action-packed movie! Matt and I both enjoy Johnny Depp's acting so it was great fun to watch him in his role as Captain Jack Sparrow. He always provides lots of comedic pauses and one-liners that keep us laughing. I would recommend though that you watch the first Pirates movie before seeing the sequel. There are many returning characters and you need to know some of the first Pirates plot for the ending of the second movie to make sense. It's a good movie-theater flick but don't expect much realism.

Have you seen any good movies lately?

11 comments:

pamela s said...

Thanks for the review. We will definitely see it before it goes to DVD.

christina said...

excellent review. :)

Kelly Glupker said...

I am glad you liked it, because I haven't heard anybody else say that yet. Last night Ben rented the new "Pink Panther." I fell asleep, but I did laugh a few times before I zonked out.

carissa said...

I've seen Firewall and Eight Below recently. Very good!!

Kelli said...

We saw that movie on Saturday night. We really enjoyed it! Heston didn't like all of the "fake" stuff.

S said...

Can't say that I have seen any Great movies lately. But we are hoping to see Pirates soon. I thought Akeelah and the Bee looked cute (in light of your recent spelling adventures :), but it's in the dollar theatres now. Has anyone seen that?

Jen said...

We went to Pirates last night. It was pretty good, but Steve got me confused saying the girl is falling for Sparrow now. Did you get that vibe? I thought it was odd the way Turner didn't respond. I hope the next one isn't along ways away so it can pick up the pieces.
Lake House was good - chick flick for sure, but worth seeing.

christina said...

oh, yeah....we just saw eight below too. i liked it and i'm not crazy about animals.

Janeen said...

I saw Pirates on Friday night. I had not seen the first one and I still liked it. We then watched the first one and I was glad I did. They both were very entertaining. Tonight we watched Pride and Prejudice. I highly recommend it. It is a great movie. Very clean and entertaining!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the comments and recommendations everyone! I have yet to see Eight Below, Akeelah and the Bee, Lake House or Pride and Prejudice. I will definitely check those out. I'm not much of a kiera knightley fan (her constantly parted lips annoy me at times) but she was nominated for an oscar for her performance in Pride and Prejudice so she must have done a good job. Have any of you seen an early film of hers - Bend it Like Beckham?

Karen said...

HA! Funny what you said about Knightley. We saw Pirates, too, and liked it. Those one-liners are hysterical, aren't they?

We're really excited to see Cars (call me juvenile!).