3.27.2006

NYC suggestions?
















Believe it or not, I'm going on ANOTHER trip in just a few days. My life is usually not this exciting; don't get the wrong idea. As a belated birthday gift, my mom is whisking me away to the big apple to see Harry Connick Jr. (one of our favorites) star in the broadway musical, The Pajama Game. Since this week is Matt's spring break, it's perfect timing for him to stay home and care for Chloe. During our quick whirlwind trip we hope to visit Chinatown, walk the Brooklyn Bridge, tour the statue of liberty, and walk through Central Park. We have some unplanned time on Friday - any must see suggestions? Or any must-eat-at places? (Becki, since you're the NYC expert, you need to help me out!)

7 comments:

Heather said...

Kevin has always said that he wanted to take me to NYC, but we still haven't gotten the chance! I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Rachel said...

Hope you have a blast in NYC. Now, if it was Philly, I'd have some educated suggestions!
You asked Beq about music with good theology...and since it's a public blog, here's my 2 cents- Check out http://www.sovereigngraceministries.com/music/
We love the solid theology combined with great music.

Unknown said...

Heather: Hope you get to NYC someday! I've only been once before and didn't get to see much so I'm looking forward to this trip.

Rachel: Thanks for your 2 cents! Good to hear from you. Can't believe you have 2 kiddos already. You're making me feel old. :)

Katie said...

Wow, how great! I'm a teensy bit jealous. And Matt is watching Chloe! Awesome! I hope you have a great time with your mom.

Unfortunately, I've never been to the Big Apple, so I don't have any help to offer!

Bequita17 said...

Hey Al - I'm at work, so this is quick. Let me think & get back to you on that :) My friend Mary is from NYC & she told me about this really relaxing place to go & get facials for free - down in the village somewhere. You have to make reservations, but that would be fun to do with your mom. I'll get you that info. Also, there is this store on South Broadway called MYSTIQUE BOUTIQUE that has the funnest clothes. They've got an incredible selection of really cool jeans - i've got some with braids down the side from there. I'm so jealous that you get to see Harry Connick Jr! Have fun!!!

Troy & Sherry said...

alicia -
my suggestion is to eat chines in china town - so so yummy - and of course by yourself a knock off kate spade purse off the streets ;)
have fun and enjoy yourself - it is a fun and busy city -
love ya

Kelli said...

Have fun in NYC! I have never been there, so I don't have any suggestions! The free facials sound like something to look into! Have tons of fun with your mom; those outings are so much fun! My mom is coming up in 6 weeks and I am SO EXCITED!