3.22.2006

April recipes

Anyone have ideas about a theme for April's recipes on the recipe swappers blog? Here are my inclinations; weigh in by posting a comment:

* Ethnic foods
* Bread/rolls/pizza dough
* Brunch

I'm kind of blanking out for this month so I'd be happy to hear your suggestions!

10 comments:

Katie said...

I have lots of good recipes for bread or brunch. Sorry I haven't contributed anything for this month. I don't really have anything. :)

I think another good idea, would be to feature a complete meal - a favorite that is simple and fast. If I was provided with a complete meal that was easy to get together, I would totally try it! Maybe one month we could feature one complete meal each week. ?

Unknown said...

Excellent idea about the complete meal theme, Katie! I know, I only contributed one salad recipe. Thankfully Mrs. T had loads of good recipes for March.

Jenny said...

I like Katie's idea. What about slow cooker recipes? I'm always looking for options in that category!

Unknown said...

Good one Jenny. I don't think I even have any written-down-slow-cooker recipes. I just use my slow cooker for roast.

Carrie said...

Yikes, I have at least one more main dish salad recipe for you and I keep forgetting to send it . . . I can't believe March is almost over. I'll try to email you soon. For April, I'd say that breads, or complete meals, or slow cooker recipes, or whatever you decide sounds fine. :)

pamela s said...

Complete meals would be great! You could also do a "fast & easy" month. It can be difficult after a long day with the kids or at work and be inspired to make a great dinner. Almost all of our meals are 30 minutes or less.

Unknown said...

Carrie: Get that recipe to me whenever you can. I can certainly post it even after March is finished! I know, this month has flown by for us too!

Pamela: Thanks for the input! I agree, fast and easy meals would be a practical theme. It gets tiring cooking spaghetti all the time though (although Matt loves it). We'll have to get some fresh ideas from each other!

Sharon said...

My spring break is just two short days. Good Friday and the monday after Easter we have off. I can't complain though, because we had off the last full week in February due to a conference at our church. Sarah is coming out the week before and our whole family is getting pictures taken. It should prove to be a good week. My mom does tell me often that teaching is preparing me for parenthood.
I definitely understand the freespirit thing. I have become more of one since I have graduated college. Weekends are a blast and I can't imagine giving that freedom up quite yet. I guess when the right man comes along, I will be willing:o)
So how far away from Indianapolis are you? You and my sis should have a girls weekend:o)

Heather said...

I love the idea for slow cooker meals! We have plenty of those! It is so nice to leave in the morning and come home to a wonderful smelling house with dinner already prepared. :)

Karen said...

Go ethnic, girl! I have a KILLER guacamole recipe!