A few weeks ago I attended a spa party where a BeautiControl consultant gave us facials, foot massages, and instant hand manicures. It was vvvvvvvvvvvvvvery (to quote Dr. Jacquot) relaxing and informative! I have never taken the time to care for my skin but now that I'm in the upper 20s and nearing the big 3-0 I am becoming concerned. BeautiControl has an amazing line of skin care and anti-aging products that I'm considering buying(with the help of lots of discounts!). To help me buy this stuff, I am hosting a spa party at my home next Monday night. I really don't know many gals in the area yet (only 1 lady is coming with her teenage daughter) so I thought I'd e-invite my blogging friends. :) Since none of you live near Akron, Ohio you can e-participate in my party by purchasing some products. Check out their website for more info. Totally no pressure involved here; I realize almost all of you are in the same low-budget boat that we are. Just thought I'd throw the opportunity out there for you. Email me if you're interested in anything (aliciahorn@hotmail.com).
3.17.2006
Spa products by BeautiControl
A few weeks ago I attended a spa party where a BeautiControl consultant gave us facials, foot massages, and instant hand manicures. It was vvvvvvvvvvvvvvery (to quote Dr. Jacquot) relaxing and informative! I have never taken the time to care for my skin but now that I'm in the upper 20s and nearing the big 3-0 I am becoming concerned. BeautiControl has an amazing line of skin care and anti-aging products that I'm considering buying(with the help of lots of discounts!). To help me buy this stuff, I am hosting a spa party at my home next Monday night. I really don't know many gals in the area yet (only 1 lady is coming with her teenage daughter) so I thought I'd e-invite my blogging friends. :) Since none of you live near Akron, Ohio you can e-participate in my party by purchasing some products. Check out their website for more info. Totally no pressure involved here; I realize almost all of you are in the same low-budget boat that we are. Just thought I'd throw the opportunity out there for you. Email me if you're interested in anything (aliciahorn@hotmail.com).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
That is a vvvvvvery relaxing experience. I have to admit I was skeptical, but it's great fun. Wish I could take the trip to Akron to go to your spa party, it would be so fun! One thing I LOVE is their lip balm. I'm almost addicted, although I must admit I ration it to make it last longer...
Alicia,
I am sure BeautiControl is a good product, but I am a total Mary Kay fan. Of course I am also a consultant, so I am little biased. I have been using their skin care program for almost 10 years now. Their skin care has been rated #1 for the past 12 years or so. So, go ahead and enjoy BeautiControl but I had to put in a plug for Mary Kay. You really should try getting a free facial sometime with a consultant - it's the best! :)
I have to say, thanks for the invite to the party, but i, like kelly, am a mary kay fan. Good skin care is important as you get older and i am quickly nearing the 30 mark. You're party sounds like a lot of fun though. It's such a treat to be pampered. Have fun!!!
Amanda
Hate to say it, but I too am a Mary Kay fan...Kelly did a good job stating all the reasons why. I actually am a personal use consultant and am on the same 'team' as Shyla. Anyways, the point is to take care of your skin with the best you can afford. You'll be glad you did later! :)
p.s. Hope that last email didn't come across rudely...(shoving MK down your throat - this is why I'm a horrible salesperson, because I'm so afraid of offending people!:)
I think there's lots of great stuff out on the market and so you need to just do "whatever feels good to you." :)- well in the area of taking care of your skin anyway. I think spa parties are great for women (especially young mothers) to have fellowship and get to pamper themselves. We all know how much time you get to spend on that with a young one!
Thanks for all the comments ladies! I had no idea so many of you were mary kay chics. Thanks for the advice. I really haven't ever used any good products - mary kay included - so I'm open to suggestions. I'm really interested in skin cleansing products and eye cream is a must. Any of you have a website or something I can look at for pricing? This beauticontrol stuff is great but one bummer about it is that you have to buy sets of stuff. They don't encourage you to buy things individually. We'd have to start with just a product or 2 at a time because of the price.
Easy, Mary Kay people! I just have to pipe up to say that one of you Mary Kay girls will have to give me a "facial" some time that is really relaxing. A consultant I knew in Mpls. gave me a "facial" once and I really didn't think it was much of a facial. Maybe it's because I had a real facial at a spa with my mother-in-law - and it was INCREDIBLE! VVVVVVVVERY relaxing! I'm like you, Alicia, and fortunately my skin hasn't really required me to have a very rigorous or expensive routine. :)
Hey Al -
Hope you have a great party. I'm sure I should be worried about what skin care products I use, but I tried Jafra for a year and Estee Lauder for a year and didn't really see any difference in my skin, so I'm not worrying - can't get any of that stuff in Africa anyway!
OK - but I was really commenting to say that you can check out pix of Rachel's kids (Payson & Piper) in St Patty's garb on my blog!
Ciao!
Alicia,
You asked for it! Here is my website - www.marykay.com/kglupker
Feel free to look around and let me know if you want to sample anything. I will send you whatever you want to sample (for free). Like Shannon said, I don't want to shove it down your throat, but I do want to give you the opportunity to sample the best! :) The website has a place where you can get a virtual makeover which is kind of fun. I can send you a catalog if you would like - just let me know.
-Kelly
P.S. Katie - I actually packed my stuff to give you a facial just in case I had time to see you while we were in Kentucky! I am not kidding!
Well, Alicia, I will rain on everyone's Mary Kay parade and say that I am a Body Shop fan. ANYTHING MK makes my face break out in a rash, and I even tried using some of this shaving gel at a MK Spa party and wouldn't you know it, my legs got that same rash! Every consultant has been stumped by this problem, and needless to say, I could never be a Mary Kay Lady. HA! Can you imagine me showing up to do a party with a red rash all over???
I am now using the Body Shop's soy & calendula line for sensitive/dry skin. I have noticed a huge difference in my skin but then again, it might just be pregnancy hormones.
I just had to throw that in to puzzle all you consultants out there...:-)
In my church everyone is switching from Mary Kay to Arbonne. www.arbonne.com I just went to a party and we did our feet. Very relaxing. I couldn't believe what marbles in warm sudsy water could do to calm you! We each had a rubbermaid container and rolled our feet over the marbles, then did the "facial" to the feet. It was great.
Jenny,
I have several customers who use MK that also have sensitive skin. I know that years ago some people with sensitive skin had trouble with MK products, but you would be surprised with how much things have changed just in the last few years. Butif Beauti- Control works for you, then stick with it!
-Kelly
Found your site when I did a search for BeautiControl. I have been a consultant for Mary Kay, BeautiControl and Avon over the years. I have also worked for Elizabeth Arden and Estee Lauder.
Of all of them Mary Kay is the WORST of the bunch. Their products are very harsh for most people. And there is very little to pick from. Their products leave a lot to be desired.
BeautiControl is good. It was one of my favorites. They are gentler on the skin and they have more variety. Not to mention all the fun spa stuff.
Avon has tons of products to fit every need and budget. You just have to find a rep who actually KNOWS their stuff - - hard to do. Most of them are just guessing.
Arbonne - is also one of the WORST out there. Their claims are totally FALSE about mineral oil, and their comparison of your skin to a craker is irrelvant. Pass on this one completely
Arden & Lauder both have a wide variety of good products, but may cost a little more.
Post a Comment