2.22.2006

¡Que se caiga!

For those of you that don't know spanish, the title of this post roughly means "and now he falls!" Lately Matt and I have gotten sucked into watching the Winter Olympic games. It all began last week when I wanted to veg out while sewing some curtains for Chloe's room (her nursery is finally almost complete!). We got hooked on watching the events and marveling at the athleticism involved in all of them (contrary to Bryant Gumbel's opinion). From snowboarding to aerial skiing it captured our attention and awe. For us, the figure skating is the most entertaining to watch. Matt however found it suprememly funny to cheer for skaters to fall! A skater would wind up for a jump and Matt would shout, "¡Que se caiga!" Poor figure skaters - he jinxed a few of them.

Are you watching the olympics? If so, which is your favorite sport to watch?

10 comments:

Shyla said...

Thanks for the comments on sleeping advice! As much as I LOVE sleeping alone...I sort of feel guilty at the thought of leaving my husband in our bedroom alone...plus, I would rather sleep with him...on the other hand, maybe i will give it try - maybe it won't be as hard as I think! :)

As far as the olympics go...we sadly only get 2 channels...CBS and ABC...no Olympics for us :(
Owning a home offers for sucky choices like cable or groceries?? :)
We miss our Fox News channel the most and regular Fox channel since we can't watch 24, American Idol OR HOuse :) Thankfully CBS has a meriad of crime shows that we can cuddle up and watch every now and then!
Can't wait to see pics of chloe's nursery! How are you decorating it?
Have a happy rest of your day!
Shyla

Amanda T said...

Tom and i have really enjoyed watching snowboarding, speed skating and figure skating. The athletes are so amazing. We're looking forward to seeing some of the aerials and women's freestyle skating event this week.
have fun watching and tell matt not to jinx our athletes. :)
amanda

Heather said...

We have not really had a whole lot of time to watch the Olympics. Although, I was at home last night with the kiddies and decided to put the Olympics on. The women’s ice skating was...Victoria kept calling them ballerinas! She danced around and around. It was kind of cute to see her "skate" like the "ballerinas".
Then on Saturday, Kevin tried watching curling. I think he was trying to understand the whole concept of it. Other than that, we haven't watched it that much. Oh well. Years past, I have loved watching them, but this year we are just too busy.

pamela s said...

I've watched them every night last week while Geoff's holed up in the office. He'll watch during his 10 minute study break every so often, unless it's ice skating. He doesn't really care for watching girls in skimpy outfits (for which I am thankful!) This week is the Leadership Conf. at Calvary, so I missed the ladies' ice skating. Hopefully we'll get home early enough to watch the free skate on Thurs. I've loved the snowboarding events just so I can learn the new lingo. :)

Unknown said...

Shyla: I know, I had a very hard time leaving my Matt in bed to sleep on the couch during pregnancy. Usually I started out with him and then resorted to the couch after tossing and turning for a few hours. I have been creative in Chloe's room - we rent our house so we can't paint. :( I'm hoping to have it done soon!

Amanda: We loved the snowboarding too! It's just amazing to watch them do all those flips and such. I thought that the women's competition was bunk though - there was a usa contender who slipped at the end who was way better than the rest of the athletes and because she slipped she didn't even medal! I will pass on your no jinx warning to Matt. :)

Katie said...

I've watched a good amount of the Olympics - much to Chris' display. He says they're so boring, and I say, "But, honey! They're only every 4 years!!!" I like watching skiing, snowboarding, and especially figure skating. I enjoy pretty much anything though - even curling!

Unknown said...

Heather: I suppose you are spending your evenings painting rather than Olympics watching! That's so adorable about Victoria! How precious. I have seen some previous for curling and it looks strange - kind of like trying to figure out rugby or cricket. Did Kevin ever figure it out?

Pamela: Oh my, Matt was the same way about figure skating! You should have heard him laugh at the male figure skaters. You guys are at Calvary? Is Tim Jordan there? I knew him and his sister well from nbbc. My hubby skateboarded when he was young so that snowboarding lingo wasn't new for him. Sounded quite silly to me though!

S said...

We've enjoyed the figure skating also. Although, I must say Dick Button gets on my nerves at times. He is so negative! Stephen was making fun of him the other day. Dick was saying how good a girl's spin was and that she didn't stick her 'fanny' out like most of them do. Where do they find these people??

Unknown said...

KT:

I agree, the Olympics are totally addicting! I haven't seen any curling yet but so far I'm enjoying everything. I just can't get over how these olympic athletes train and train and train. It's very impressive. Let's hope Sasha wins the gold tomorrow night!

Alicia

Unknown said...

Shannon:
Oh my, I didn't know the names of the figure skating commentators but I thought that the female one was extremely negative! I found myself talking to the tv often (it's the eternal optimist in me) telling her not to give up on whoever was skating. Out of all the events I think the figure skating commentators are the worst! If I were a commentator I'd be cheering on everyone no matter how bad they were. That's probably why I haven't been asked to commentate this year . . .

Alicia