We had a quiet and pleasant Valentine's Day together as a new family of three. We stayed in for a special candelit dinner and feasted on a peanut butter cookie with coffee for dessert (Matt isn't keen on rich chocolatey desserts).
Hope you and yours enjoyed the day's celebration of love. Leave a posting and let me know how you celebrated!
6 comments:
Sounds and looks like you, and Chloe had a wonderful Valentines Day.
That Cookie looks delicious.
We too, stayed in and had a wonderful dinner. We had the kids eat first and then let them watch a little movie so we could enjoy a candle lit dinner of our own.
I love these kind of moments!
Glad you had a wonderful Valentines Day
Heather
Hey girl!
As you saw, we stayed in as well and had a splendid evening! :)
Your little chloe girl makes me giggle when I see her!
What a cutie! I wanna squish her cheeks! LOL
I'm sure she'll grow to hate that!
(I did!)
Hey Alicia,
Looks like you had a lovely valentine's day. Ours was grand, not that what we did was spectacular, but in that I finally turned the tables on my dear husband, who happens to be the greatest supriser of all. Yes, after 4 1/2 years of marriage I actually kept my lips sealed and surprised him. The details are many, but in a nutshell, I manged to get the kids watched (all four of them) and whisked Ryan away for Gino's Chicago pizza (Bryan & Elaine went someplace else on their own). It was a wonderful evening! Oh, by the way, your cookie comment inspired me to make Ryan some chocolate chip cookies (his favorite dessert) as a snack on the way to the restaurant. Thanks for the good cookie idea!
Tricia
Heather: Sounds like you guys are homebodies just like us! Isn't V-day sweeter now that you have little ones?
Shyla: Yes, I saw your delectable valentine's feast. Sheesh, looked delicious! Unfortunately my hubby doesn't like shrimp so I don't get to make it. We had some yummy baked sweet potatoes, glazed carrots and pork chops with heart shaped biscuits. Chloe hears that ALL THE TIME about her cheeks. Most people say she's a chunk and I have conditioned myself to just say "I'm glad I've got a healthy baby!" and not pound them for calling my girl a fatty.
Tricia: Wow, what a treat to just be the two of you for dinner! I bet Ryan was floored by the surprise. Do you guys get to go out often together alone? Since we're new to this area we don't know anyone well enough to babysit. :( My mom is coming this weekend so we'll get in a date night finally!
alicia,
i'm just loving chloe's smile in that picture. too cute!
unfortunately, valentine's day falls during volleyball season. so nathan had a game and didn't get home until about 10pm.
but i got to watch my niece, ava, so mike and nicole could have dinner alone.
nathan gave me a really adorable valentine book about a week ago, though. so cute...full of pictures of connor. i loved it.
christina
Looks like you guys had a great time on valentine's day.
Tom and i stayed in as well and had a candel lit dinner. And i also got a single rose. We then fired up the gas fireplace and played games in front of the fire. It was a really nice evening.
Post a Comment