Of course, the ONLY way I know how to celebrate involves food. Is there any other way?
- Donuts for breakfast (Matt's fave which I never allow because I'm a pseudo-health-food nazi)
- Brown bag lunch with a payday candy bar tucked inside (Again, Matt's fave that I don't usually buy)
- Marco's pizza for dinner, veggies, applesauce and apple pie for birthday dessert
I LOVE cooking for my hubby and making him feel special so I asked him last week for his birthday dinner request. I was hoping he'd pick something rather easy since Thursdays he gets home near 6 and as such I have no kid-assistance during dinner prep. To my delight, and I hope not to diss my cooking, he requested take-out pizza! YAY for me! I made a frozen apple pie filling this past weekend with our excess apples (instructions here) so the pie shouldn't be too labor-intensive either.
We made cards and have a fun bag of gifts to give to Dr. Daddy in the morning. I'm hopeful that we can watch a movie together after we get the kids to bed. We'll see how much energy we both have by that time of the day! Usually we do our computer work, school work and housework like mad fools until we collapse.
I brag on my husband a lot and for good reason. He is a committed husband, the most loving and fun daddy I've ever seen, and my heart's counterpart. He's a superb listener (believe me, it takes serious skill to listen to my ramblings), a deep thinker, and a creative tinkerer. I love all the facets that make him up. He's my sweetheart and my heart is full for him.
Happy birthday, dear Matt!
3 comments:
Happy birthday to your Matt! I'm sure the pizza request was no diss on your cooking :-) And keep up the bragging. It is such an encouragement to see & hear about God-honoring marriages. We need to see & hear about those kinds of victories more & more.
Have a great day of celebration!
Have a great day celebrating your husbands birthday...way to go on making him feel so special!!! :) Oh and ENJOY your take out pizza!!!
Sounds like a great celebratory dinner! Wait - excess of apples??? Do you have a tree or did I miss a blog post? Searching now...
Post a Comment