5.04.2009

Picking kay-boos

Since today was a lovely spring day, I packed up the kids in the sit-n-stand stroller and we embarked on a monster walk. We went to the drug store, library, post office, and park before heading home. Quite the outing.

Several times I asked myself, "Why did I do this again?" Like when Clive stunk up the children's dept. at the library (which has NO changing table or baby-friendly changing area) and I decided to change him on the floor amidst the nonfiction stacks. That was fun. Especially when I went to wrap up the diaper and in that millisecond he found the dvds and proceeded to knock 10 of them down in one blow. And while I cleaned that up he went like a homing pigeon for the junior mints in my purse and dumped them all out. Really fun.

On the way home from the park I enjoyed the breeze and as is our usual habit Chloe and I admired and talked about flowers. As we strolled past a vacant office building and noticed several lilac bushes in bloom. We snagged a few to take home and Chloe said to me, "Mommy, are we making a kay boo?" After questioning her repeatedly I finally realized she was trying to say bouquet. Some words must sound so strange to a three year-old brain!

Hope you're enjoying the springy flowers and making your own kay-boos! What flowers are blooming where you live?

4 comments:

suzanne said...

Oh that's so cute! I love it when they mix up their words!

Mary Ann said...

That kind of outing sounds exactly like something I would try to do. Last summer I rode my bike to the farmer's market. All was well until I had to figure out how to get my produce home! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the lovely weather. I have some tulips blooming in my yard & half a million red maple "helicopters" flying around. I love this time of year!

S said...

so cute! it must be so hard for these little ones to learn our vocabulary. i laugh about clive...i can relate. just the stage these boys are in I guess. :)

Karis said...

It's cute when three year olds do it, but not so much when 30 year olds do it like I do in French. A friend and I got a really good laugh at my word confusion similar to Chloe's last week. An African said something to me one time about "didn't it just sound wrong the way I had said it." I said "unfortunately, not yet" because I don't have an ear yet for the right French sounds and order -- just like children don't in their first language but they sure learn quickly. :-)