3.27.2009

Grandma is here!

My mom arrived last night for a weekend visit. And we fully enjoyed her today!

We spent the morning walking around our favorite places in Hudson. We nabbed some cute clothes for the kiddos (just wait until you see Clive's dapper Easter get-up), ate yummy cupcakes, and had a memorable time at the local bookstore.

It was in the book shop that Clive encountered a golden retriever for the first time ever. And boy was he in love with that dog! Clive got SO excited about that friendly dog! He even let the dog lick his face and he followed the dog all around the book shop. Don't worry, Clive got a vvvvvvvvvvery thorough bath this evening to cleanse him from the doggie germs.

My mom and I played scrabble this afternoon (what a game - she beat me by a mere 2 points) and then we watched a movie and folded laundry. Tomorrow we head to the zoo for a family + gramma trip.

A lovely weekend to you all!




3 comments:

Karis said...

Mixed emotions. Happiness in my heart for both your mom, you, and your kids and sadness as I miss my mom and particularly the grandma aspect both for her and my girls. I loved the picture of your mom and Chloe walking hand in hand.

ruth said...

I'm glad you got to have a nice visit with your mom. I can't believe how grown up Clive is looking!

Katie said...

I love it when Grandma's come to visit! Both of my boys' grandmas are so busy these days, visits are too few and far between! But, we have one coming up this weekend, so we're all excited!

Simon was the same way with my parent's golden retriever. He absolutely loved her! He made the cutest high-pitched noises whenever I would let Honey in the house and loved to lay on him and squeeze her hair - that's his version of petting, I guess. :) I allowed doggie kisses too - it was too cute! These boys of ours are just getting geared up for their share of ingested dirt, sand and bugs! Simon just got a healthy serving of sand yesterday when he played outside. :) He still loves baths, so that's good!