3.16.2009

Moisturizing question

This weekend I hit CVS and picked up some marked down moisturizer. I was pumped! It was marked down to $1.37 and I had a $1 off coupon. Woo-hoo!

Of course, it wasn't until after I got home and showed off all my purchases to Matt (my ritual after CVS so I can bask in pride at all my incredible deals) that I realized the moisturizer is actually a self-tanning lotion. How in the world could I have missed that?!? Sticker daze I guess. Thankfully I only wasted 37 measly cents.

Which leads me to my question . . . what moisturizing lotion/product do you use? I've tried several different lotions. I usually pick up something cheap from the drug store and it lasts me forever because I only moisturize my eye and neck area right before bed. I KNOW I need to moisturize daily and apply something with sunscreen.

What do you use? And how often do you apply it?

7 comments:

Abby said...

I use Dove moisturizer and I use it every day, sometimes twice a day depending on when I shower. I LOVE it and have been using it for a few years. It's not all that expensive, and sometimes sales and coupons make it less.

Abby said...

I use both the Deep Moisture Facial Lotion and Cream (one in each bathroom depending on where I get ready that day!). I always use it after my shower at night, and in the winter, I use it in the morning too. And it smells good too :-)

Jenny said...

I'm almost out of my favorite so I'm looking, too. ;-) I know, really helpful...

ruth said...

I use Oil of Olay (or sometimes the Target brand depending on price) all day moisture for my face. It's the only thing I've ever really liked that had just the right balance for me.

Heather said...

I am not much help in this area...I don't really moisturize...I wash my face twice a day and use a acne cream. When I was in the 9th grade my mom took me to a Clinique makeup counter and they taught me how to apply my makeup without looking like a clown. Since then I have always used Clinique everything...i have tried to change a couple of times to save money...but I always end up going back to it becuase my face breaks out horribly if i use anything else...

Mary Ann said...

I wish I could get by without moisturizing all the time (I just put on hand cream). My skin is so dry! Anyway, I use Curel after my shower & on my face right now I use Mary Kay day & night cream (only b/c I got it 40% off)supplemented by Oil of Olay b/c I was getting way too dry & flaky. I hate all the moola I spend on this kind of stuff, but what can you do? In the summer I use that self tanner stuff on my legs & it works really well. You might redeem your 37 cents by giving it a try ;-)

Karen said...

Boy o boy, this is right up my alley! :)
As a "Mary Kay lady," of course I use their wonderful products...I hated every other moisturizer until theirs. It's $22 (unless you're "in" with a MK lady!) and usually lasts people about 6 months, with 2-a-day applications. There's also a formula with sunscreen right in it.

Even as a Biology hater growing up, I've found the science of skin fascinating as I need to know lots about it for my job!