10.07.2008

Laundry basket cuties

Wow, I have really been a delinquent blogger as of late! What with working lots of hours at my online job and getting ready to leave home for the weekend (I'll be attending the truewoman08 conference in Chicago), I've not spared much time for blogging.

I snapped the picture at left of Clive a few days back and it reminded me of a similar pose I shot of Chloe when she was a wee babe.

I think it's pretty obvious by comparing these two photos that besides coloring, my two kids look very un-alike. It always makes me chuckle inside when strangers see their similar hair color and automatically coo and comment at their resemblance to each other. What?!? Chloe's face shape is exactly like my square-jawed hubby's. Clive's face is longer and less cheeky. We'll have to see if Clive resembles me more as he grows older.

Who do your kids resemble most?

8 comments:

Karen said...

I'm with you--I've never thought your kiddos looked much alike. Except maybe their eyes.

So far our kids are a pretty good mix of us both.

Jenny said...

Everyone comments on how Aaron resembles Michael, but if they could see my baby photos, he's almost an exact replica of me at that age. I think Evan is going to look more like his daddy. Michael and I have very similar coloring though, so that probably is a big part of assigned resemblances.

Janelle said...

My #1 (Aaron) is, and has been since birth, the spitten image of my husband! He always teases me saying, "we're still waiting on the blood test proving you are the Mom!" :) Doesn't bother me too much I guess! My #2 (Megan) looks a lot like me I think. She's got the puffy cheaks like I do when we smile! Although I think they both look very similar, but hen again, I've had people say that Ron and I look a lot alike anyway.

Adele said...

Gavin looks more like Jason and Peyton looks more like me (actually like my dad). A lot of people think Dawson looks like Jason, but I think it's b/c of his dimples. I actually think he's more of a blend of the two of us.

Carrie said...

All of the kids have looked more like Mike as babies...Caleb looks more like me now and Titus Mike..Abe looks more like Titus did, but we'll have to wait and see. Seems like most people only notice hair color or chubby/thin faces when comparing?? Hope you enjoy your conference

Karis said...

Kayla looks more like Dan and Krista looks more like me (and one of my brothers too). Certain expressions, though, make me feel like I'm seeing Kayla for the second time when I look at Krista. Depending on their facial expressions in pictures, they either look a lot or like or very different. Most people tell me they look a lot alike. I will be very interested to see if Krista's hair lightens like Kayla's has.

Can't wait to hear about the conference. Enjoy that time away although I know you will miss hubby and kids despite enjoying the needed break.

Rachel said...

I don't think that our boys look alike AT ALL! There are people that say that they look exactly alike and I just smile and say that I can't really see it. I've compared the boys' baby pictures and I have concluded that they look very different from one another.

Michael is a good mix of the two of us. Marcus definitely looks like my baby pictures looks more like my side of the family.

My husband and his 2 brothers do not look alike either. Maybe my boys are taking after my husband's side of the family in that way. My sisters and I all have a similar look - enough to know that we are sisters. Only time will tell if Michael and Marcus will end up looking alike or not:).

Sara said...

I don't know, Alicia--I see some resemblance--maybe their eyes? I think it is that I see "Matt" in both of them...
I see both of us in Gage, though he is mostly his father.