We seized our angel opportunity and I whipped up a quick costume using an old bed sheet on Friday. The wings and halo came from a local discount store and combined with the gold ribbon belt we spent a total of $5 on the costume. SHE LOOKED SO PRECIOUS! We got countless comments on her angelic get-up.
Clive looked equally cute in his homemade pumpkin costume. There's a lot of history in his pumpkin outfit. It was my first halloween costume too! He was a darling drooling pumpkin.
I know I'm biased, but I think homemade costumes are so much cuter looking than store-bought ones. What do you think?
And now we're dealing with mountains of luscious candy. I'm strictly adhering to the one-piece-per-day rule for Chloe. Me, I'm lucky if I make it through the day only eating 3 or 4! Hopefully I can make some cookies out of the chocolatey goodies so it stops screaming my name . . . What do you do with your leftover candy?
8 comments:
How cute!!! They both look adorable! This is our first year trick-or-treating, so we'll see how Eli does. I would totally make his costume if it wasn't for being Elmo. You gotta get that one correct :-) We're having friends over on Saturday after our trick-or-treating, so we're having candy for dessert! HA! I should probably try to make cookies or something with all the candy, because Eli won't be eating it all, and if he doesn't, you know who will!!
Very cute costumes! How come you already went trick or treating?
Aw, what cuties! I almost wish we were going...but I DO KNOW what would happen to all the candy...and so we will not go. I love the homemade costumes, too. The kids with homemade costumes get extra candy from me, I'll admit it! Great job on the angel, Al!!
I think you should try to dig up a pic of YOU in the pumpkin costume.
Abby: I hear ya on Elmo! That would be an incredibly hard costume to make from scratch! Can't wait to see pix of your little ticklish Elmo! :)
Kelly: Our city always does trick-or-treating on Saturday night regardless of when Halloween falls. Weird, eh? We're actually going again on Thursday too!
Jenny: Just you wait for a future post . . .
Whoa!!! Chloe looks so much like you in that bottom-left picture! SO cute!
Your angel and pumpkin are very cute. :) I cracked up at your angel joke. Kids are so funny. Tonight Luke told me he wasn't going to get out of bed because he prayed and asked Jesus for him not to get out of bed. When he DID come out of bed and I reminded him of his earlier supplication :), he told me he asked Jesus to get out a few times. :)
I have to say, it is the cutie-pie wearing the costume that makes it so darn cute - not so much the costume. :) My boys have always worn store bought, but I think they're pretty stink' cute. Plus, even if I did sew, I think a batman costume that I tried to make myself would look sad indeed. :) THankfully, Luke's grandma has bought his costumes for him the last two years, and we do get our money's worth, as they're part of the dress-up box for the rest of the year. Luke even wore his Mr. Incredible costume from last year to a Tinkerbell birthday party. (We were glad to kinda balance the girly-girl theme with a superhero. :)
Oh what a sweet little angel! I LOVE the picture of Chloe behind her BIG pile of candy loot! The little pumpkin costume is so cute too! Looks like great fun!
the kids are so cute and they do look so much like you! I had a costume just like Chloe's once. :)
Post a Comment