7.25.2008

Sunhat poll

Yes, I am still alive. :) My in-laws are here visiting so blogging has become last on my list of priorities of late.

Quick question for you, how many of you wear sunhats regularly? I am a stickler about making sure Chloe and Clive always don their sunhats whenever we are outside. And of course they look doggone cute in them too.

I have a big ole straw sunhat that I wear occasionally but I don't always remember it. When I do wear it I've noticed that I am usually the only mom in the park wearing anything protective head covering. What's up with that?!? Why are we so concerned about our children's sun exposure but not about our own?

Hence my poll below . . .


7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I don't usually wear a hat, but I do have moisturizer for my face that is SPF 30. I also almost always have on sunglasses. I'm becoming more & more conscious of sun exposure (mostly b/c my landscaper father has had several pre-cancerous spots removed). Definitely something to be careful about. Maybe I should go hat shopping...

Tracy said...

I think my main motivation for wearing a hat whenever I'm outside is because I don't want pregnancy sun spots on my face (they don't always fade away after pregnancy). I am usually the only woman with a hat on when we go out, but how can I expect my kids to always wear their hats if I don't.

Abby said...

If Eli would actually keep a hat on his head, we would do that! He's not so much for wearing hats, and I only do sometimes at the beach, so my vote would be nope :-) But, not for a lack of trying at least!

Jenny said...

I haven't even thought about it, honestly. Aaron wears his cap that he doesn't ever want to part with, and if we are going to be out a long time we all wear SPF 50+ but thanks for the reminder - I probably DO need a sun hat!! :-)

Rachel said...

We have TONS of shade in our backyard and I take the kids out during that time instead of going at high noon. The park that we go to is also beautifully shaded instead of in direct sunlight. It's so much nicer to play in the shade than to swelter in the southern heat.

If we go to the zoo or any other place where we are in the sun, I am very diligent about using sunscreen. I don't wear a hat because I don't like them.

I think that tans look nice but I don't like the aging and health issues attached to them. I'm shocked at the number of parents that allow their kiddos to get tanned during the summer - yikes!

pamela s said...

Sometimes, I'll don a baseball cap, but mostly not. But, like others said, sunscreen & sunglasses if we go out. I burn easily & know the pain that will come if I don't!

Matt & Nicki said...

I don't, but I do put good sunscreen on my kids and put a sun hat on my wee ones, like Ezekiel:) However, these days, I don't see the sun much--at least not outdoors for an extended period of time:)