I am EXTREMELY happy to report that Chloe is now almost completely potty trained!!!
Incredibly, she mastered pottying back in December but has only gone #2 in the potty a handful of times. She seemed very afraid of going #2 on the potty (I hear that's a common trouble for toddlers) but I had no idea it would take 6 months for her to conquer her pooping fears!
The turning point came early this week when I finally tried putting Chloe on the potty with her diaper on. I won't go into the messy details but after 3 nights of success, she asked to try going without her diaper. And today she succeeded!
The best part was seeing her get so excited about her accomplishment. She leaped off the potty and screamed, "I did it, mommy! I did it! It was so easy!" Lots of hugging, exalting, and rewarding with candy immediately ensued.
Hallelujah! What a long long process this has been. I've decided Matt's in charge of potty training Clive. :)
6 comments:
Congratulations Chloe on conquering your fear! Alicia, I am so excited for you. Potty Training is NOT fun, so I am thankful you and Chloe are moving past this stage.
YEAH FOR CHLOE!!!!! I am so excited for you and you guys! Potty Training is a L-O-N-G process and I am so glad that you are at the tail end of it! Good job Chloe, good job mamma!!
That is VERY exciting. After training both a boy and a girl and glad that I am finished! It isn't always easy and it can become very tiring sometimes...So glad for you!!!
wow. what a good idea to put her on the pot with diaper on..... we are struggling with #2 ourselves.... well, connor is. maybe having the security of his pull up will help him get over the fear factor. we are pulling out our hair trying to figure out a way to get him to go. this must be tried. :)
Yay Chloe!!! I'm so proud of you, sweetheart! You too, Alicia. Every child is different. Let's hope Clive is easier (for Matt's sake:).
yay, congratulations! that is wonderful alicia. i cracked up when i read that she says "i did it! i did it!" that is exactly what anna says.
good idea to have matt potty train your clive. i should have jason potty train our boys! that will be a blessing when that day comes. we spend enough on diapers every month! yikes.
Post a Comment