7.04.2008

A restful 4th

We are doing absolutely nothing to celebrate the 4th of July today.

After 3 days without Matt (he was out of town on a job interview) and 4 hours in the car retrieving him at the Pittsburgh airport last night, none of us felt like doing much but sleep today! Clive and I have already taken two naps today. Ahh.

Don't worry we're not horrible Americans. :) Tomorrow I'll take the kids to a local Heritage festival complete with patriotic parade and activities. Then in the evening we'll head to a nearby farm/park to see fireworks.

Tomorrow night will be Chloe's first time ever seeing fireworks. I think she'll dig them but I'm afraid they might be too loud for her little ears. I've read that earmuffs might help. Have any of you tried that with your little ones?

Happy Independence Day to you all!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Luke finally just went to his first real fireworks show last night here at Nland - he loved it. I think Chloe will be fine. Simon even did really well. He had a hood on and it was chilly, so I ended up bundling him close to me, and he fell asleep during the fireworks! :)

Where was Matt's interview? How'd it go?

Sara said...

How did Chloe do? I was VERY worried about that with Gage too, but he sat on my lap the whole time and never flinched. He's a true patriot! :)

Unknown said...

KT: Matt's interview was in Austin, Texas. The interview itself went very well but he's not going to take the job if it is offered. The college was not very nice - a junior college in a low income town. It was a worthwhile experience though and we both felt he needed to make the trip as a step of faith to see what God might have in store.

Sara: Chloe did great! She lost interest though after 15 minutes so we left early. Which was a bonus since it was so crowded and Clive was exhausted. He like the fireworks too! His eyes were so wide open watching them even though he was incredibly sleepy.