7.28.2008

What's going on, Favre?

Can you believe all this hub-bub around Favre's return to football?!? Craziness.

I for one think it's ridiculous that the Packers are talking about trading him just so that Aaron Rodgers can have a chance. Brett Favre is one of the all time greatest quarter backs EVER and the Packers want to let him go?!? How nuts is that?

Regardless of what team Favre ends up with, we'll be rooting for him! And for the Packers too of course. :)

On which side do you fall in the Favre controversy?

5 comments:

S said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE this either! I want him to come back to the Pack deep down, but am a little disappointed in all this drama about quitting/coming back, etc.

Carrie said...

I think he should stay out...end great! but I was curious about all you packer friends if your loyalties were more with Green Bay or Brett Farve. If he went to another team that would be super wierd b/c he's the face of the Packers.

Jen said...

I think they should stick with Rodgers. They told him this was his spot when Favre left. To change that would not be fair to Aaron. Favre should be happy as the backup b/c their is no way the Packers are going to trade a good quarterback to another team. Rodgers ended up getting hurt right away last year anyways. Favre will probably play within a couple of games. We are heading up to Family Fun night at Lambeau on Sunday night. We'll see what the talk of the town is up there :).

Katie said...

The idea of Brett Favre as a backup QB is silly. And I think the Packers would be stupid to trade him. Who trades Brett Favre? I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers. But, I feel for Brett having to make a decision so early like that - not going through the summer contemplating what it would be like to be DONE. I can't imagine him playing for any other team - that would be tough for me to take!

Reads said...

I will have to echo Shannon, the drama has been too much!! We have checking regularly to see the unfolding of the drama. I don't know what the Packers are thinking, Brett has a great year and now they don't want him??? Sorry Aaron, but what is the harm in him waiting a year?? Who is to say Brett won't get injured. Brett Farve as anything other than a Packer or a back up is simply crazy!
Although in the Packers defense Brett did say he was done. . .