Chloe was not in a napping mood this afternoon though she stayed in her bed for an hour and a half. By the time Matt came home from an afternoon meeting I was drained and not feeling too motivated to cook dinner.
I remembered reading on a few blogs that Chick-fil-A was giving away free food if you dress like a cow. Voila! The answer to my dinner dilemma! The moo-velous part was that Chloe actually WAS a cow for Halloween so she had a fuss-free cow outfit raring to go. I printed out some cow masks, spots, and a Chick-fil-A sign and we were ready!
Chloe was SO EXCITED to wear her cow costume! We mooed happily in the car when suddenly a thought struck my brain. What day is today? It's Friday, right? NO. Ooops, the free-food-when-you-dress-like-a-cow-day is TOMORROW not today.
[My mommy brain has been malfunctioning like this often in recent days. Like how I've been using conditioner instead of shampoo for the last two days and wondering my hair seemed so greasy. Long story, don't ask. ]
The staff at Chick-fil-A have always been really kind and personable. I decided to take a chance and try to get our free food a day early since we were already decked out as bovines. I pulled up to the drive-thru and explained our plight to the gregarious cashier. The manager was consulted and he happily agreed to give us free meals a day early! When we walked into the restaurant, all the workers were eagerly awaiting our moo-ving entrance. They oohed and aahed over Chloe and all the other restaurant patrons (not many of them, thankfully) stared and smiled.
If you're as big a fan as I am (even bigger after today's adventure!) be sure to participate in their Cow Appreciation Day tomorrow. Get all the details, including fun costume tips, here. If you're dressed in a total costume you get a free combo meal. Just partial cow-ness earns a free sandwich. Besides the delicious chicken sandwiches, I'm incredibly impressed with Chick-fil-A's healthy choices and books in the kids meals instead of toys. Who needs another dumb cheap plastic happy meal toy? Not us!
Money Saving Mom will be hosting a fun post in honor of Cow Appreciation Day. Hope you can join in the fun and free chicken!
7 comments:
You're hilarious! I'm glad you got your free meal.
that is so funny - I'm glad you got your free meal - we love chick-fil-a too - not sure if we will go through hoops to get free food like you though.
I'm on the computer now, printing off some cow stuff from the chick-fil-a site for us to wear (in varying degrees). It will be fun!
How generous of your local restaurant. I'm sure they have an even more loyal customer in you now!! And kudos to you for asking!!!
We LOVE Chick-fil-a too!!!! We go there for the great food, but Aaron can't get enough of that slide! Not sure if we're feelin' cow-like today, but maybe we'll go there anyway and see if there are any cows that are as cute as Chloe!!! Have fun with your in-laws! Maybe you can get them to dress up like cows too and go get MORE free food!!! =)
Good for you! I would've chickened out and drove away seeing that I had the wrong day. No pun intended.
you make me laugh! How nice to be in a location where Chick-fil-a's are :)
I'm glad you got your free meal. You deserved it :)
Post a Comment