While waiting for fireworks to start (don't you hate the waiting?!?) we caught fireflies. Wow, are they easy to catch! Now must be peak firefly time because they were every where. After trapping about 12 of the luminescent bugs the fireworks began. We brought home Chloe's dollar-store-bug-box filled with the glowing guys and decided to feed them sugar water the next morning. But alas, they wouldn't live to partake of the sweet water. Only 3 fireflies were still fluttering in the morning. So learn from our mistake and don't kill innocent fireflies!
In effort to lower our grocery budget, I've been making more meat-less dinners. A friend commended tofu to me and when I saw it priced at $1.29 I grabbed it. I made a tofu stif-fry and it turned out fairly well though I'd like to make it crispier. Surprisingly, Chloe LOVED the tofu! She picked it out from the other veggies and ate the tofu squares first. Do any of you cook with tofu?
Poor little Clive experienced his first nursery injury this past Sunday. He was chewing hard on a steering wheel toy and he must have fallen onto it. He scraped his gums and it got all bloody and scarily swollen. Infant tylenol is our friend. :) He's doing much better now but still a little whiny and having a hard time sleeping.
That's been our lively week. What's new with you?
6 comments:
I have "fond" memories of my dear mother's attempt at a healthy tofu "cheesecake" - yuck! I've bought tofu before but I usually end up throwing it out b/c I don't know what to do with it. Perhaps I should give it a try again one of these days. You'll have to start one of your famous recipe posts featuring tofu:). That will help to inspire the rest of us.
So sorry about little Clive's injury:(. Poor baby. I'm glad that the Tylenol provides some relief for him.
I'm afraid we don't have any tofu hanging around at our house...Ian and Sydney are allergic to soy. I've always been curious to try it though. I'm sure you made it tasty if Chloe was digging it so much.
If you cook tofu on top of fish it will take on the taste of the fish. I discovered this when cooking several chinese dishes. Helps you to get the flavoring without the extra meat. I'm sure it work work well with other meats as well.
Awe, poor Clive. Bless his heart! And Chloe DOES look absolutely adorabale, and I agree, she is looking more like Matt as she gets older. How tall is she?! It appears that she has "SHOT up" quickly!
Oh, and tofu is not my thing, although I love it at Chinese restaurants in hot and sour soup... Karen loved the stuff in college-maybe she'll post some good ideas!
I do like tofu but usually only get it when we are out. I don't have the guts to try and cook it. Although we have cut WAY back on our meat dishes too...maybe I should try it. :)
Cloe looks so cute in her dress!!! What a perfect dress for the 4th!!
Post a Comment