8.13.2007

Why is it so hard to find a cheap maternity swimming suit?!?

I know it's the end of swimming season, so why am I having such a hard time finding a nice plain cheap modest maternity suit?!?

Answer: Probably because I think $20 is too much to pay for a suit I'll only use for 4 more months.

Matt and I are seriously considering purchasing an annual membership to a wonderful nearby health club for me and Chloe. That way I can swim during the fall/winter months of the pregnancy and try to stay somewhat fit. But to do that, I need a real maternity suit.

Thus far I've tried Target, Old Navy, Gap, and our local children's resale shop. I think I'll have to venture online but then I'll have to pay for shipping - yuck. And I hate to buy a suit online without being able to try it on first. Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

Earlier in the summer I found a suit for a decent price at Motherhood maternity. I was very happy with the modesty of it too. Sorry, I don't remember what I paid for it though!

Jenny said...

I took the cheating way out and bought a large size ladies suit - it had a skirt and honestly was the best swimsuit I've ever had. I'm pretty sure I paid about $14 at KMart. Obviously this wouldn't work for a super skinny girl, though. (which I am not!!)

Shyla said...

i got my bathing suit at Sears in their maternity section for $20. It is adorable and did the trick this summer! Pink and white polka dots~ :)
I loved being preggo in the summer! it was the only time i have ever been to the beach and not worried about my stomach sticking out! LOL Hope you find a cute suit for cheap!

Carrie said...

I was going to suggest Motherhood, too--do you happen to have an outlet around there? Sometimes you can find really good prices there at the end of the season. I've never bought one of their swimsuits, but have heard they are nice.

the johnson crew said...

hope you fund something!

pamela s said...

Motherhood had theirs on clearance at the end of July. You might be able to find a cheap one there!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

I bought one at Motherhood Maternity like Shannon but it was like $40.

Abby said...

I got mine on ebay for $8 - risky not being able to try it on, but it worked out. Good Luck!