We held Chloe's big birthday bash this past Sunday afternoon. What a blast! Thankfully, my mom, grandma, and dear husband helped me with all the last minute preparations. We invited 5 of Chloe's little friends and they all had a very fun time.
The festivities began with some preliminary gift opening (we split it up since there were so many presents). Then came the big event - smashing the piñata! I made a flower shaped piñata and my mom, the piñata queen with years of experience, did the decorating for me. I'm so glad she did; my plans for the piñata were unrealistic and would have made for one sad looking flower. The guests ranged in age from 20 mos. to almost 3 so needless-to-say, they didn't have the oomph necessary to break the piñata. It sure was cute to watch them try though! And when Matt broke it and candy spilled out, they knew exactly what to do. :)
Next was the candle blowing out and cake time. I baked a flower shaped cake and tried my hand at cake decorating for the first time. I decided early on that I was not going to follow the wilton cake instructions for decorating - talk about complicated! We all sang happy birthday and Chloe tried her best to blow out the candle.
I think we were all a little relieved and a lot tired when the whole shebang was over with. Not that it was a long shindig, but it took so much energy to put together and 5 kids and parents in our little home made for a loud crowded party. We ate a low-key supper together and went to bed early (Chloe was too excited to sleep well unfortunately).
Overall though, it was a great party and we made some fantastic birthday memories!


5 comments:
Cute pictures! Looks like a fun party--so how hard is the pinata? Sara would love that. . Like that cake by the way--good work Alicia!
Great pictures!!! What a cool party! The party hats are adorable! Isn't it sad that kids really don't like those things, they are so cute when they wear them! The picture of Chloe blowing out her candle is a classic and so cute! You did a great job! Start planning for next year!!! Or maybe you don't even want to think about another party for a whole nother year! =)
I love Chloe's dress! Looks like everyone had a great time at the party. Your cake and pinata both turned out adorable.
great job on the cake and the pinata! what an adorable party. chloe's dress i beautiful! you are such a fun mom!
Nicki: Nope, the piñata wasn't hard at all. You should try it!
Janelle: You guessed it, I'm taking a break from all-things-birthday for a long while. :)
Shannon: Thanks! We all had a blast! It's so cute to hear Chloe talk about her piñata and cake. :)
Janelle: We all had loads of fun. Not sure how much energy I'll have to do a big birthday next year . . . I'm assuming with every additional child my energy level will go down drastically.
Post a Comment