Bright and early this morning (6:30 a.m. to be exact) Chloe and I dropped Matt off at the airport for his flight to the east coast. Sigh. I miss him already!Matt's off to a conference at Dartmouth this weekend where he'll be presenting a paper. We're exceedingly proud of him!
Thankfully I'm only a single mom until my mom and gramma come to visit tomorrow night. The morning was challenging enough to make me vvvvvvvvvvery grateful that I'm not alone in this parenting adventure.
At lunch today, Chloe was especially endearing. She plays this little game where she leans over and says "Love you!" quickly back and forth between Matt and I. Even though daddy wasn't sitting in his regular place, she still said "I love you daddy!" to his empty chair. It was so sweet, I teared right up. She ruined the moment of course by laughing hysterically at her own little joke and then she proceeded totalk to daddy when he wasn't there. :) What a 2 year old.
4 comments:
hope the time goes quickly while matt's away! i know your mom and grandma will help with that though. do they take care of the cooking when they come? i always love the extra help in the kitchen when my mom comes!
What a silly girl:). I hope that you and Matt survive being apart. I am glad that your mom and grandmother are coming. It will help to keep the time from dragging by. Take care!
Funny!
i am sorry alicia... i can relate. i am really missing jason. i am at my parents' house this week while jas is still in minnie. i sure miss him.
Post a Comment