
Since today was another horribly humid rainy day, we decided to stay indoors and enjoy the air-conditioned coolness. What a perfect day to begin potty awareness!
We only have one bathroom in our home and it's on the second floor. So, for first floor pottying, we bought a portable seat. After breakfast and lunch today Chloe sat for awhile on the potty - getting used to the feel of it sans diaper. Chloe is crazy about books, so it wasn't hard to motivate her to stay on the potty while one of us reads.
My strategy is to keep the potty seat out and available but not to pressure her in this first week. We'll do regular potty times after breakfast and lunch. I also plan to leave the faucet running to inspire her to tinkle. :) Good plan, eh?

Today Chloe did some serious drawing. Lately she's been determined to draw airplanes. She's doing a fine job too! She starts by drawing a long oval and then tries to do windows and wings (I know this because I ask her as she's in the drawing process). Of course her works of art don't much resemble airplanes, but even Renoir had to start somewhere!

My next ambitious project was to begin Chloe's birthday piñata. I'm doing a flower theme for her party (cake, piñata, and bean bag toss). I naively thought Chloe would do this craft project with me. She did . . . . for about 5 minutes. This photo is of Chloe stirring the plaster goo for the newspaper strips. Chloe got bored and decided instead to go up and watch Macbeth (which she continually called "Aunt Beth") with daddy. She must have been extremely bored to have been driven to that activity! :)
How are you passing these humid hot days?
6 comments:
Good ideas on keeping Chloe on the potty and getting her used to the whole idea.
It is HOT here too! We had horrible storms last night. Here in Rockford, IL we got over 7" of rain in just a couple of hours. I couldn't believe the pictures on the news. It reminded me of Katrina. Today we dried out and just tried to stay cool.
Hopefully it is going to get better soon!!!
Good luck on the potty training. I'll be praying for you and Chloe over the next few weeks that she will catch on quickly.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of her birthday party. A pinata is a great idea.
We are slowly starting Michael on the potty and he did well with sitting there while I read books. I gave him a lot to drink and set the timer. He did well for awhile and then it was time to stop. I refuse to make this a battleground with him. Getting him used to the potty is the current plan. What can I say? I'm a first-time mom and really don't know what I'm doing.:)
I LOVE the picture of Chloe drawing. She looks so focused and industrious. What a great photo!
What an awesome idea to make a pinata for Chloe's party. You are incredibly creative. I love to steal ideas from you when my "creativity tank" is getting low.
We haven't been outside too much as it is very hot and muggy here also. I would like to go in the pool today as it is now 85 degrees. It was down to 70 degrees and I was NOT about to convince little Michael to take a dip - too cold!
I try to do a variety of activities with Michael throughout the day. He loves stickers, coloring, books, cars and trucks, playing with balls, playing the piano and singing with mommy, helping mommy in the kitchen, going outside to play and an occasional DVD. I suppose that these are the typical activities of one his age. I'm not the creative type and I constantly have to push myself to think outside of the box. I've observed that all Michael really wants is to be with one of us. He will play by himself but he LOVES to have interaction with dad and mom no matter what the activity is:). Have fun with little Miss Chloe!
It has been VERY hot here too. Ron keeps trying to mow the lawn in the afternoons but it has been WAY too hot for that. The heat index has been around 104 and 105 so we've been staying in enjoying the AC as well.
Can't wait to see all the decorations for Chloe's party! Sounds so adorable!
Great work on the potty-chair ideas! Chloe looks so grown up. She's so smart, I can tell.
We need to stop by next time we come through OHIO.
Brent says he'll comment on your Packer/Steeler comments on our blog soon. Stay tuned...I'm afraid this might make a serious post :)
have fun potty training! chloe is growing up so fast! she is adorable. watching "aunt beth"
pinata sounds awesome! you will have to post a picture.
i wish you could send some of that rain our way!
hot here.
love, janelle
Post a Comment