8.25.2007

In need of a cheap pen

One of my hubby's pet peeves involves pens. Yes, pens. He insists that we use roller ball pens in our home. No big deal to me since I prefer roller ball pens to most others. We both like how smoothly the ink rolls off a good quality pen.

But sometimes you need a cheap pen to do the job. For example, last night I wanted to write out some thank you notes for Chloe's birthday gifts and the cards I bought from the dollar store are made of glossy paper. Roller ball ink slides right off. I also made some photo postcards recently and had the same problem. I've searched miscellaneous drawers, purses, and diapers bags but I can NOT find a cheap bic pen anywhere in our house!

So now I either have to actually buy a package of cheap pens or swipe one from somewhere. Anyone have a cheap pen I could borrow? I thought about going over to my neighbor's and asking to borrow one from her, but how do I explain myself?

What strange pet peeves do you or your husband have?

4 comments:

Jenny said...

You definitely need to visit a place of business like a bank and look for the cups of free pens. Fairs have them too! or, you could always call NBBC and ask if they have any extras...I ordered lotsa Bic Click Stics for them! :-) Hope you managed to get the residual ink off your hands!!!

Heather said...

I always love reading your posts...this one made me smile when i read the part about explaining your self to your neighbor. :) I hopeyou found one!

This is kind of strange, but one of Kevin's little pet peeves is mowing. The lines that the mower leaves behind, must be straight. :) Needless to say I can not mow in straight lines at ALL!! I just can't for some reason, so needless to say I don't get to mow very often. :)

Rachel said...

My hubby can't stand to drive behind a slowpoke driver:). He's mellowed out over the years though.
I think that you know what mine is:). Knowingly bringing a sick child to the nursery and exposing the other little people. For a parent, there should be NO church function or ministry that is more important than taking care of your family member(s) when he/she/they are ill.

Janelle said...

I agree with Jenny's comment. You can usually find those clicky ball point pens around somewhere. Even Home Depot was giving them away one weekend and now it's one of my favorites! I think it's funny that the freeby pens you can get write better than the ones you spend big bucks on! Ron and I are both pen-a-holics. We have to purposely stay away from the school supply aisle so we don't splurge on a pen that we think looks cool or something like that! It's really bad for me because I like to make my own cards and do SOME scrapbooking and so any cool pen or marker or neat tool that I can use ALWAYS will catch my attention! Hope you find one soon that suits your needs!