8.17.2007

Happy 5th Anniversary to us!

Yesterday marked our five year wedding anniversary!

Unfortunately, since Matt was out of town we weren't able to be together. BUT, thanks to my pal Melinda, we did get an anniversary date night. We went out for a steak dinner (cheap but good), did some shopping, and saw a movie. It was so much fun to spend time together alone. Almost felt like we were dating again!







Matt surprised me with some gorgeous roses and an awesome pancake griddle. I know a griddle doesn't sound very romantic, but it's what I asked for and what I really wanted. I guess 5 years numbs the romantic senses. :)
















Here's a silly shot of the new Packer shirt I got for Matt as an anniversary gift. Go Pack, go!













I can hardly believe it's been 5 years already. Below is a little slide show of a few pictures from our lovely wedding day 5 years ago. Here's to 55 more wonderful years!

9 comments:

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

Congratulations! I wasn't able to be at your wedding, so it is so neat to see the pictures - you were a beautiful bride!

Rachel said...

What a gorgeous bride you were! I laughed when you said that you were heavy - you probably weren't "heavy" right before you had Chloe:). The car picture is my favorite as it captures a tender moment between the two of you.
As for a pancake griddle, that is a GREAT gift. I always ask for kitchen gadgets. I guess that I'm not alone in that boat.
I made your fruit ices today again. We all have sore throats and stuffed up noses and no doubt these will help to soothe our throats as well as provide some great vitamin C.:)
Have a nice day even though your sweetie is out of town.

Becky said...

Happiest of Anniversaries to you both! I'm so glad you posted some pictures from your wedding--how beautiful! (And I got to see Colleen again, too. :-) ) I hope you continue to have a good weekend.

Janelle said...

You were an absolutely gorgeous bride! Your wedding looked beautiful too! LOVE the pictures! Happy Anniversary, even though you had to spend it apart. Glad you got to celebrate together anyway! That pancake griddle probably has some alterior motives behind it too! Happy pancake making! =)

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary!! Sorry you guys were not able to be together for the big day . . . but it sounds like you had a fun date earlier. :) I also enjoyed seeing the wedding pics--they are beautiful!!

Happy belated birthday to Chloe, too. Hope her big birthday bash tomorrow goes great! Be sure to post pics later!

Tracy said...

Congratulations on five wonderful years of marriage!

the johnson crew said...

happy anniversary alicia and matt!

Abby said...

Awww - how sweet. Congrats on your 5 years. God is good!

Karis said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! It was fun to see the wedding pictures.

It was also fun to read your last several posts as I've been away from blogging once again. Definitely let us know how the potty training is going when you have a chance. I think I'm about to start down that path... we're not doing as many week long trips this fall. I'm not in a rush so we'll see when I actually get started but I would love to hear anything you've learned so far.