3.10.2007

We're having a heatwave, a tropical heatwave . . .

Yesterday our porch thermometer reached the astounding height of 60 degrees!!!! I couldn't believe my spring-craving eyes. This called for a walk to a nearby park with Chloe. Though the park isn't quite play-ready (mounds of snow blocked most of the slides and mud was everywhere) Chloe and I still had a ball - especially on the swings. It was so delightful to get ready for a walk and to NOT have to bundle my daughter in her various winter trappings. [As a side note: I can't convey to you how excited I am that Chloe is finally of an age to enjoy a playground! Our city has a phenomenal park system (some with kid-friendly wading pools). Hours of entertainment and exercise!]

Ahh. Spring, you're welcome to arrive for good any time now!



















My giggling swinging girl.






















Even though you can't see her smile, I really like the composition of this photo and her laughing eyes. Check out her stylish pink converse hightops. Jealous, aren't you?

6 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

It was 72 degrees here yesterday so Ben and I went for a 2 and a half hour walk. We didn't get home until after 9:00 p.m. and it was still warm! I love spring!!!

Katie said...

Kelly - Now you're REALLY liking Louisville, aren't you? I'm definitely missing the early spring!

Alicia - Chloe is such a doll. And now I have that song from White Christmas in my head. :)

the johnson crew said...

as napoleon dynamite would say "LUCKY!"

those are awesome high tops.

christina said...

totally jealous! :) very cute.

Carrie said...

Their was no special occasion for the chuck e cheese trip. Mike has been working a lot and we have found chuck e cheese to be a very affordable fun family activity. I don't really have any previous experience in painting - My dad and sister are very talented. I have only done some pencil drawings but Mike got me an acrylic art set for Christmas. I really enjoyed it but I can't just come up with a painting I need something to copy from. I liked the park pictures. Did you buy yourself a matching pair of tennis shoes?

Unknown said...

Kelly: Yay! Glad you got to enjoy some nice weather with your hubby. Sounds like great exercise too.

KT: I thought I was the only one who knew that song. I forgot what a White Christmas buff you are. We'll have to watch it together sometime.

Janelle: Thanks for the wisdom from napoleon. :)

Christina: You should get some converse for Connor! Or is her more of a nike guy?

Carrie: Yes, I do indeed have a matching pair of pink cons. Mine came first though. Then I found Chloe's at a yard sale last summer.