Chloe will be 19 months old tomorrow but she looks more like a 2 year old! In fact, today we had some friends over and Chloe was just millimeters shorter than Sue's 2 1/2 year old girl.
At 19 months, Chloe is vvvvvvvery interested in letters, colors and books. She can identify the capital letters of A, B, and C and sometimes D and E. She loves to find the letters she knows on packages or book covers. Because Chloe knows her colors so well now, I've started playing an easy version of "I Spy" with her. She gets so excited when she finds an object of a particular color! I have a feeling books, reading, and letters are her aptitude because she enjoys them so much - I'm not doing any pushing to learn these things. In fact, it's been incredibly easy to do since she's got so much natural interest. Is this weird for her age?
Though Chloe is tall for her age, I wouldn't say she's advanced in motor skills or verbal skills. She's trying to talk more and more but most words are still gobble-dee-gook. She's a huge Elmo fan and aims to point him out whenever she can (on other children's diapers or shoes; on diaper packages in the store). She's also a fan of Curious George (whom she calls "Georgie"), Carl from the Alexandra Day books (of which I highly recommend!), and Curduroy from the Don Freeman book (another classic). Chloe's never really liked Dr. Seuss books but lately she's wanted to hear the Foot book and the ABC book.
Ok, that was probably more information than you ever wanted to know about Chloe . . . . Sorry for the overload. Below are a few recent pictures of Chloe. Does she look older and taller to you? Or is it just me? When will this kid stop growing?!?
So, then I said to Kayla, "Which do you like better, string cheese or grapes?"
Chloe and daddy out for a real walk (sans stroller) to drug mart.
Chloe in her spring/summer sun hat. It looks a bit goony here, but it's really cute with some embroidered flowers on the side.
Chloe on her tricycle! I naively hope she can master tryke riding this summer.
7 comments:
Thanks for sharing what Chloe is learning. Very neat!
She looks very grown up in the picture of her and her Daddy going for a walk. I love the cute purple dress too!
With two parents that have the brains that you two have, I'm sure her interest comes naturally and that is advanced for her age!
I don't think that it is weird that Chloe is interested in all of the things that you mentioned. You seem like the type of mom who makes an effort to encourage and foster her interests in many areas. It is only natural that her childlike curiosity will bloom under these conditions. You seem like a fun and vibrant mom and Chloe is benefiting from all of your creativity. She is adorable - but you already know that:). Keep on enjoying your little princess.
Yes, it does seem like Chloe is getting taller. I'm sure she would tower over Aaron, who will be 2 next week. That's so wonderful she's already identifying letters!!! She's going to be one smart kiddo for sure, but she's got two very intelligent parents so that's not really any big surprise! Praise God for such a healthy, smart, adorable little blessing you have!!!
string cheese or grapes? hahaha very cute! she does look like a tall one but i'm looking at mini-man all day. connor is the opposite end of the spectrum....shorty pants. :)
Thanks for the comments on my blog. I wanted to tell you Audrey's sweater was a hand me down from her cousin Esther (Not sure where she got it.) I think they were clothes that Esther missed since she was born in the winter, Audrey is was summer babe! The funny part is that we both have black bants on, but the sun makes it look like they are brown!
Hope you enjoyed that glimpse of spring before winter came back today. We had a little snow on the ground when we woke up this morning. Sorry so long, but I wanted to answer your questions!
I found you! I had to track you through Karen Adam's blog--I'm not sure how I lost you, but for some reason,my link wouldn't work anymore! Whew.
Anyway, Chloe IS getting SO big, and working with a twenty month old myself right now, who I truly belive is advanced (I wonder if we all think that...), it sounds like Chloe is ahead of the gang--VERY smart little girl. Laura Grace has not mastered her colors--she thinks everything is "pink!" Got to admit that is mostly due to the fact that most of what she owns, actually IS pink, but still, I'd say if she has her colors down, she is advanced.
Laura Grace does say "abcde" and recongnizes most of her shapes. I wish we lived closer so we could have a play date--they would be fast friends. Plus, it is in the 70's here, and we are already making beach trips--wanna move?!?! :)
Glad we are back in touch!
Sara
Post a Comment