Tracy Hall inspired me to try rag curling Chloe's hair Saturday night. I'd love for her to be a curly head for Easter Sunday and I thought I'd do a trial run this weekend. Boy, am I glad I did! Because I didn't do a very precise job with the ragging, by Sunday morning half of Chloe's rags had fallen out or come untied. The result was strange looking. The top of her head came out very curly and the entire left side was straight. Kind of a different look. :) So, I salvaged her hair with pigtails and it ended up looking pretty cute.
The jury's still out on whether or not we attempt this for Easter Sunday. What's your vote? Curly or normal?

This was the best shot I could get of Chloe in her Sunday morning grab. She's looking goony because she's trying to run over to me and see the camera display on the back.
12 comments:
I have pictures of me and my sister in rag curls when we were much younger. Chloe looks extra cute in her pigtails. It's fun dressing up our little ones in their Sunday best:). Have a great week.
cute...i'm sure i would get a much better look at it if our kids weren't so tech-savvy. :) i say go for it. if some parts don't work out you can do a quick curl with an iron. my sister puts ava's hair in a pony first and then throws in a hot curler or grabs the ends with a curling iron. ava loves it...she's such a drama girl.
LOVE THE PICS!!! Is this hard to do?
looks cute. how did chloe sit still long enough for you to put them in?
I personally like the one with the rags still in. I like her hair normally just fine but it's always nice to look and do extra special things for Easter - my mom a lot of times just got all of girls hats. All these cute little girl pictures make me want one. Caleb has started to not want to go on my shopping trips anymore of help me bake :( I do love the boys so much though!
I remember sleeping in sponge curlers every Saturday night for a good portion of my life. Of course, I loved looking like Shirley Temple...or so I thought. Either way, she looks cute.
Great Job on the curls. I can do a good job with Kara's hair b/c she stands still long enough. However, most of the rags still fall out of Lydia's hair b/c she won't stand still long enough. I did find that it helped to put her hair in pigtails right after her bath, and then just put one rag in each pigtail. The result looked great the next day, and all I had to do was tighten the pigtails.
sponge curlers are my vote - they worked awesome on two of my girl's straight heads for a wedding. Forget the rags!
love,
Heather
I am now thinking of trying sponge curlers for Kayla for Easter...like someone else said, it's fun to do special things for Easter. I remember sleeping on the pink curlers many times before Easter and Christmas.
Chloe is so grown up. Don't you love this stage?!
Yeah rag curls are hard to do. I remember trying them in the past. If you can get it to work - fabuloso! I'm tempted to try that loose spiral curl look on Sierra where you wrap the hair around the outside of the curling iron not inside it first - not sure if that makes sense. Anyways, if it doesn't work - hats for little girls are always an option :).
We have not got to ride yet - just Mike. He still is waiting on his helmet, lisence, and insurance.
Go curly! It's darling!
Post a Comment