3.08.2007

Date night for the three of us

It feels like forever since I've blogged! Being sick really takes a toll on a family.

Anyways, now that we're all back to normal (except for Chloe who keeps trying to be queen of the universe) we're celebrating our health with a date night for our whole family. We never did use our Red Lobster gift card when my mom was here last month (the place had an hour long wait!) so we're going to try it tonight. We're planning to leave at 4 p.m. so there's no waiting. Who knew Red Lobster was such a popular place?!? I've heard lots of wonderful things about their cheesy biscuits. Can't wait to try them for myself!

Do you and your family have any special outings planned for this weekend?

8 comments:

the johnson crew said...

our children will be at a hotel getting to know their cousin this whole weekend. - a dear couple (who have adopted 4 beautiful black children) got a sitter and are taking jas and i out for dinner friday night to help us get our mind of things... so sweet.

janelle

Katie said...

How did you like the biscuits? I LOVE them! I bet it was fun to all go out together. And I'm glad you're all feeling better.

Luke is probably going to spend the night at his grandma's tonight - a wonderful treat that we get to take advantage of about once a month. I always miss him, but do enjoy some time to get stuff done or, more likely, take a nap or relax. I'm missing my naps ever since Luke decided he didn't need one!

Rachel said...

Alicia,
Have you ever heard of recipes.robbiehaf.com? She comes up with copycat recipes and posts them on her page. There is a Red Lobster biscuit recipe on there if you want to try it. I have never made them (usually because I forget) but if you like the biscuits there, it may be worth a peek at the recipe. Hope you had fun! Oh, we'll probably spend our weekend purging the basement in preparation for our move - not fun but necessary:).
Rachel

Janelle said...

We don't visit Red Lobster very often either - only when we have a gift card too! The biscuits are great! I've found that the recipe on the back of the Bisquick box is really close to the Red Lobster biscuits, and so easy! YUMMY! Hope you have fun!

Our Sunday School class is going to be doing a little progressive dinner. We did it once before and it was really fun. We're all just kids at heart anyway!

Hope you have a great weekend and glad everyone is on the up and up!

Jenny said...

How funny - as I was typing to see how your "date night" went, you commented on our blog! Hope it was fun!!

carissa said...

We're going to Waukesha tomorrow (have you heard of it :) ha!) We'll be staying with Caleb and Sheena, then leaving for a church in Sheboygan Sunday am for Brent to preach! We'll have all 4 kids. Please keep us in prayer :) We're going to ChuckEcheeses though!! wheeeeewwww

Kelly Glupker said...

I posted the recipe on my blog a few months ago for the Red Lobster biscuits. Let me know if you want me to email it to you.

Matt & Nicki said...

Ironically enough, we just had a "date" night with four to Red Lobster tonight. . .We had a gift card from my Mom and Step-dad from our anniversary(in January) so we used it tonight--Sara and Silas LOVED looking at the lobsters in the tank!