Last time I visited my sister-in-law I noticed this simple but brilliant way to showcase her daughter's artwork. It looked simple anyways. Black metal frames opened up from the outside so you could constantly change up the artwork showcased.And then I looked these frames up online. $39.95 for a black picture frame to show off my kids' art?
I don't think so. I have so many better ways to spend $40.
So, I scoured the aisles at my favorite local cheapie craft store (namely Pat Catan's for you local readers) and after spending $15 TOTAL I replicated the look!
Sure, I have to actually take the frame off the wall and open it from the back to put the new art in but that's an inconvenience I'd happily suffer to save a few bucks.
And now that we have these hung up in our dining room, it's so fun to see the kids' creations smiling down on us. Chloe has always been a *prolific* draw-er but even Clive is getting into the artsy habit now that he can proudly see his work on display!
3 comments:
So cute! And a little tidier than magnet-ing to the fridge :-)
LOVE this! I have a couple of watercolor paintings hung up in the boys' room that Aaron painted when he was 2 but this is super - revolving decor! :-)
My kids always love to see their artwork make it into frames! This was a good reminder to do it more and rotate often!
Post a Comment