9.14.2011

What's playing in your head?

THESE.DAYS.ARE.EXHAUSTING.  I thought about blogging a list of all that happened within these four walls today but I couldn't remember it all!  The fluidity and pace of our days keep me hopping and it's hard to slow the moments down. 

What's hardest I think is seeing my own impatience and occupation with the immediate take over my spirit.  Blech.  When I *raised my voice* (that's a nice way to say yelling, isn't it?) at my dear toddler today after he whined at me for the umpteenth time I saw his hurt clearly in his little brown eyes.  He had only wanted to get my attention. I snatched him up, kissed and hugged him mercilessly and tickled that hurt right away. 

During these full full days I often find myself crying out to God for help.  Not just a nebulous warm fuzzy feeling to wash over me (though that would be lovely).  But I'm asking for help in action.  To practice thankfulness, kindness, PATIENCE, gentleness, joy and love.  Mostly to flesh these out for my kids but also in other relationships.  Like to my complaining elderly neighbor who insists on discouraging our schooling choices for Chloe.  Lord give me patience and graciousness!

These are the songs I keep singing to myself during these crazy days of hurry and flurry:

I need Thee every hour

Please be my strength (Gungor)

Grace is sufficient (Shane & Shane - click the "Organic Remix" player link to hear)


And oh, these words have been a comfort to my harried soul!

What's playing in your head right now?

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Although I don't truly understand what it's like to be a momma & all the particular stresses you have, I too, struggle with patience, kindness, & all those good things God wants me to be. I try to remember the hymn "Constantly Abiding" or "Trust and Obey". And I love, love, love "The Power of the Cross" by the Getty's (I think). It reminds me of what Christ suffered for me & then I definitely feel more motivated to put aside what would please me in the moment but would not ever bring glory to God.
I hope that you can begin to enjoy peace in the midst of your busy turmoil. I hope I can learn that, too :-)
Have a great weekend!