"What is it about Memorial Day weekend that makes me want to grill up some good ole American food?" I posed to no one in general while standing in my kitchen yesterday.
"You are a product of the culture, my dear," retorted my husband.
"Thank you for that insight, Dr. Horn," was the comeback I should have fired back. But alas, I thought of it 5 minutes later. Sigh.
Dr. Horn is absolutely right. But when it comes to cooking yummy barbecue food, I don't care a bit that I'm a cultural lemming. It's delicious! (Summer barbecue that is, not lemming.)
Here's the menu for our Memorial Day cookout dinner tomorrow:
* Bratwurst (Johnsonville, of course)
* Corn on the cob
* Baked beans
* Watermelon
* Potato chips
Nothing fancy, to be sure, but definitely patriotic! Am I the only one who's culinary cravings are inspired by the holiday? What are you cooking up for Memorial Day?

1 comment:
Sounds like you had a yummy feast! We had burgers on the grill & then everyone brought whatever. It was quite a spread. I made corn pudding & a black eyed pea dip (both new recipes I had been itching to try). It was all a raging success & even though we were boiling up hot, a good time was had by all! I hope you guys had a great day, too!
Post a Comment