1.11.2011

Packer Fan-atics

We are a Green Bay Packer cheering family of fan-atics! 

I was born and raised in Wisconsin so the Packer passion courses naturally through my veins.  Though Matt is from Texas he has fully embraced the Packer fealty.  When my grandpa was still alive, he and Matt would closely watch the games together while gramma and I chatted away in the kitchen.  My grandpa would always clothe himself completely in Packer garb to watch a game.  When my granpda emerged from his room sporting his Packer pajama pants, suspenders, socks, shirt and hat we all knew it was game time. 

And we are carrying on my grandpa's fine tradition!  We all have Packer shirts and we proudly wear them whenever it's Packer game day.

This past Saturday we decorated the dining room with yellow streamers and balloons, made cheering signs, and got out the green-and-gold party food to watch the game.  The Packers narrowly defeated the Eagles to advance in the playoffs.  Whew!

And now I'm puzzling about our next Packer-themed meal.  I'm plum out of green-and-gold food ideas.  So far I'm planning to make a spinach cheese egg dish and cut up some kiwi fruits. Any other green and yellow culinary ideas for me?!

What team is your family fan-atic about?

My veggie pizza Green Bay Packer G. 

Chloe styling her Packer shirt and newly hot-glued yellow hair bow. (Not sure why her hand is raised with an imaginary glass?)

The green and gold feast.  Green jello with pineapple, cheddar cheese and spinach nachos, veggie pizza, lime and lemon wedges for our water and pizza rolls.  While not *technically* green or gold, I allowed the pizza rolls since Matt had been craving them.

Go Pack, Go!

Even Chloe's little stuffed elephant wanted to cheer!


This was our attempt at a self-taken photo. At the last minute Matt tried to smooch me.  Sneaky!  Solomon.is.violated.  And covered with yogurt.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I love your enthusiasm! What a great Packer party. And I have absolutely no ideas for green or gold food other than peas are green & somewhere I've seen yellow carrots. Sorry...I'm not much help, huh? :-)