1.24.2011

Why I like Mondays

Contrary to popular opinion, I think that Mondays are fantastic!

Why, you ask?  Because . . .

1. Monday is my most productive day of the week.  After a weekend break from the weekly routine, I'm ready to jump back in whole-heartedly on Monday.  Not surprisingly, my surge of Monday-adrenaline makes me uber-productive.  There's something magically motivating about trying to start out the week on a good note.  Half a pot of coffee helps boost the productivity level too. 
2. Mondays are "at home" days.  I purposefully try to keep our calendar free on Mondays and Fridays.  Sunday mornings are busy so on Monday we need a built-in recovery.  It's lovely and rejuvenating to putter around the house tidying up, putting laundry away and enjoying the comforts of home.
3. The Packers are going to the superbowl!!!!

Ok, ok, so the Packers have nothing to do with why I like Mondays.  But their playoff victory sure is making THIS Monday better!

How's your Monday going so far?

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I totally wish I could agree with you about the Monday thing, but no. It's the first day back at getting up at 4:50 & it's also grocery shopping day. I know that is probably a crazy rountine, but it works best for me b/c it's a rest day in my running program & Tuesdays/Thursdays are when I sometimes have evening meetings & Wednesday is Prayer Meeting. Whoo - it's been busy lately! If I had to pick a favorite day it would probably be Friday. Not very unique of me, but I still love that leaving work with the whole weekend ahead of me feeling :-)
And the only reason I am happy that the Packers are going to the Super Bowl is because it makes you so happy, my friend :-)

Karen said...

I agree, Alicia! I love being able to really enjoy the weekends, knowing that Monday is the catch-up day.